Puma vs Alpinestar

Kayo7

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

My experience lies with puma and my only gripe is they are heavy. By all means thy do their job though with the ghost doctor. If I was buying boots again I would go with them, but I'd get a perf version if I could find it.

Auricom22

Caveat emptor.

I picked up the S-MX1 from STG and loved 'em to death until recently. During the heatwave a few weeks back I went for an all-day ride. Well, apparently the poly used for the internal toe caps isn't temperature stable as both caps ended up warping inwards, pressing down on my toes (the left in particular). Went to A* to ask what they could do in recompense. They wouldn't even reply until I went to STG and got them involved. Now A* gave me a RMA number, told me to pay for shipping both ways, and ever so graciously said they'd look them over. Asked them to send me the information and how they're going to handle this in writing for my records, they didn't. First and last piece of A* gear I buy.

End of rant.

Deathdiesel

Personally I have Alpinestar MX-5s. Biggest complaint is expensiveness. Other than that they have been awesome boots so far. Paired with thin socks on and I can withstand 100* temps. Awesome quality on the leather, my only concern is how long the rubber sole will last, but it can be replaced after im guessing 5 years when its needed.