Need a boot reccomendation, maybe pant too.

Deathdiesel

Yes I did a quick search, noone was in my scenario.

Currently im riding with essentially hiking shoes, this doesnt cut it, I know it, so do you guys. I really want some riding boots for protection but cant find one that I really like. Heres what im looking for:

1. Protection(obviously) but not overkill, probably will never hit a track, maybe once a year if ever, but when I go down id prefer to not sustain broken ankles.

2. Comfort, both walking and ventilation. Id probably wear these to school, or short days at work(where Im pretty much walking nonstop for 4 hours on short days). Ventilation is less important than walking comfort, but still im in texas dealing with literally 110+ temps during the summer, so id prefer to sweat as little as possible.

3. Price- preferably around 200$ or so, again not looking for something race ready, but something that will last me quite a while.

3.5 Style- Looking for full length for sure, but would like for them to not be hideous, as id be wearing them to school, or at work. Not looking for something to be waterproof if this is considered the same topic, I wont ride in the rain.

Currently I really love the Cortech Latigo Air RR Boot, has had good reviews, looks good, vented, etc etc. But its out of stock absolutely everywhere, no joke, ebay, amazon, every online store is out. Emailed tourmaster/cortech and have had no reply, which irritates me, saw one online site said restock at the end of this month, but im not sure.
Cortech Latigo Air Road Race Boots - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

Heres the A*s S-MX 5 Vented boot, but im not impressed really, especially at the price(80$ more). Not as much ventilation, and less ankle protection side to side rolling wise it seems.
Alpinestars S-MX 5 Vented Boots - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

Also im looking for pants along the exact same lines as these pretty much, so if you guys have any that youve fallen in love with feel free to bring those up.

Sorry for the long post but I really dont feel comfortable riding with so little protection on my feet while I try to wait on cortech to email me. Thanks for any and all help, DD. :)

oldtouring b

If comfort is important..

Look for Sidi. I have never had sore feet while riding or walking. Determine what your size is and start looking on eBay for a good deal.

Checkout the New Enough website. They provide excellent feedback.

I tried the Alpinestars brand for a short ride--painful. I know that can vary from one rider to another but they were not good.

Good luck with your search..

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

bmw675

I've seen multiple posts where people have had problems with the soles on sidi's coming apart. I myself have never own sidi boots, just going off of what others have said.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member
Last edited:

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Deathdiesel

To be honest id like some ones with toe sliders and more ankle reinforcment, if it were down to just plain boots id wear some military boots I have, but those are big and clunky.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Detrich

Sidi Cobras are around $200 I think.

The Cortech Latigos are really good I've heard, but they are closed out n discontinued. That's why u can't find them.

Alpinestars started by making boots. That's why their boots are so good.

I have a pair of brand new & never worn Vega Sport IIs size 8 in black that I'd be willing to let go for $50 shipped, if that interests you. They are $120 new. Very comfy entry level race boot with toe n heel sliders. (I have another pair that I wear for street riding.)

I have 2 pair of Sidi ST'a now and don't need a backup boot anymore.

GL shopping. :)

Deathdiesel

Lol thanks regardless..

Heres another pair I like, Gaerne grw boot, looks to be well protected in the ankle, and has what looks to be decent ventilation and overall good build qaulity, opinions?

Gaerne Grw Racing Boots : Sportbike Boots

And detrich sorry im size 10 minimum US.

Also I can withstand some pain from walking compared to broken ankles or etc. Maybe I should just get the A*s SMX 5 vented. And yeah I called MSS and they said they dont think they will be getting any more of the cortech in black.

Last edited:

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

RooKie

i almost got the cortechs i like the looks alot but I decided my army boots were good enough

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
Oh yeah... Military boots FTW. Have had 2 falls with this boots and they didn't receive anything more than minor scratches on them. They're awesome!

They're [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Bates-E50501-Mens-Lites-DuraShocks/dp/B000A1KBXU/ref=pd_sbs_shoe_2"]not very expensive[/ame] either.

Last edited:

Detrich

here's a link to the vega sport 2 race boots i mentioned earlier. these are a very decent boot for everyday riding and some canyons. very comfortable to walk around in too... i've had my first pair of 1st gen vega's for almost 3 seasons. wore them in canyons first 1.5 seasons, then upgraded. i now wear them for street riding, and they've been holding up. the 2nd gen's are supposedly even better:

Vega Sport II Boots - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

size 8 black, brand spanking new vega sport 2's. hit me up if anyone wants them $50 shipped. :)

Deathdiesel

Read the reviews of the vega, definately cheap enough, but I dont mind paying a bit extra for something that will last me more than one year or so.

Would you guys think the gaerne is gunna be too stiff/uncomfortable for walking?

D

Deleted member 9794

What's your price range?

I've got 2 pairs of boots:

Joe Rocket Super Street Boots

and

Alpinestars S-MX Plus Racing Boots

I caught them both on sale and did not pay the listed prices on those websites. They are both comfortable.

The Alpinestars are comfortable, except they squeek horribly (I ended up fixing that by spraying chain wax under the hinge - going strong 3 weeks so far).

The Joe Rockets are comfortable enough that I wear them while teaching MSF classes (that's standing 8hrs straight over 2 days), and I wear them to work (and while at work if I don't have any meetings). I added Dr. Scholls Gel inserts a while back and that made them even better.

The problem with the Joe Rockets is that they have little to no lateral protection. You can still snap your ankle sideways in them. I slipped in gravel making an uphill turn on an unfamiliar road, put my foot down to catch the bike (was doing 15~20mph) and tweaked my ankle a bit. It was a bad enough experience to make me buy the Alpinestars! I only wear the Joe Rockets to work.

Long story short:
1) Look for sales
2) Go full length
3) Go for lateral protection (along w/ your toe sliders)

BKP

I've got the SMX-5 (A*) for cooler weather, or when I think I'll be doing some very aggressive riding, and think they're great. Comfortable, solid, extremely well protected, A* quality, etc. etc.

However, I've been wearing these, Speed and Strength Moment of Truth boots for the past month or so, and I like them even more! Keep you cool, extremely good protection, ridiculously comfortable (you can wear them all day, and not just for riding), and are holding up beautifully despite the beating I give shoes/boots: