Confessions of a gear whore.... :))

Heineken

Elite Member
Last edited:

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

creggur

Good Lord, man... I thought I was bad. Yes...you do have a problem.

Looking forward to the reviews...

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

creggur

Seven Jackets in one year? And my wife gave me hell over the two I bought. Of course, we bought her two as well.... I may have miscalculated letting her get her own bike. She's eating into my potential gear budget:eek:

Spunky99

I didn't see any back protectors on the list. I have 2 already.

Also my GF is already bitching because I bought a YSR50 last month and a NSR50 today...

No way am I getting her a bike....that would screw my gear purchases for sure.:eek:

bmw675

season over? with that much invested in gear, i would have to use in year round.

owldaddy

Hi, my name isn't important, all you got to know is that I'm a gear whore.
Whew!!!! I thought I was a gear whore till now. I'm just a 2 bit hooker compared to you Heineken.:)
I should add that I intend to buy another pair of boots this winter, the old Sidi's are getting worn..... The rest of my gear is going to last many more years, I hope.

Last edited:

Detrich

Hein can run his own moto gear rental shop now... lol That said, replacing worn gear does not a gear whore make... =D

creggur

Just went through and added up everything you've spent and this is my take away:

1) You did drop some healthy coin on gear.
2) You've got gear to cover a lot of climate and riding conditions
3) You are a smart shopper (I know guys who've spent more on one jacket/pant combo)
4) I'm more interested in the reviews now as there are a couple of things on your list I might pick up.

Stephenfz6r

uhm... you don't have kids do you? If it weren't for my kids eating/wearing my paycheck... I might have a few more choices when I gear up.... but, besides that... holy batcave? Where do you put it all? Did you add-on to the house for just a place to put all that gear? :rof:

looking forward to the reviews, likes/dis-likes, when /where to wear what gear, durability, etc...
Ditto for me, I'm lucky that my eldest daughter can share the equipment with my wife.

MiltonDorkenhoff

Search, THEN post.
Elite Member

Detrich

Hein's thread might've inspired me to sell some things that I don't really use anymore- ie like my textile jacket & medium helmet, neither of which i wear anymore...

Not to hijack his thread, but has anyone used their textile gear for snowboarding? it suddenly occured to me that it actually might work nicely as a snowboard jacket- other than that it might look a bit odd... lol

Heineken

Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

creggur

Got a pair of Draggin' Jeans from Fast Company and they are very nice. Heavy denim, and Kevlar in the knees and butt - add the optional knee and hip armor and it seems they would offer pretty good protection in a crash. A bit pricey, but comfortable and definitely better than regular jeans (which disintegrate on contact with asphalt, don't ask me how I know) and their customer service is great...

Last edited:

Heineken

Elite Member
Last edited: