Confessions of a gear whore.... :))

gearhead

Driving home yesterday I saw a black glove on the side of the road. "Wow, that's a bummer" I thought. About 1/2 mile later I passed another one just like the first. After the tire smoke cleared, I had myself a fairly new pair of Olympia gloves that were in my size. As I continued driving, I started wishing for some boots or pants...

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

MikeN02

Jesus, I thought I had enough gear with a ugly looking Grey Cortech Mesh I got for free, my Dainese Laguna Seca. I had the Frank Thomas XTI Textile for winter but I went down on that. Might have to pick up another for winter.
I got 3 helmets though, 2 of them are damaged.
KBC VR-2
Seven Zero Seven Vendetta Stryke
Scorpion EXO-1000 Apollo

1 Frank Thomas XTI Mesh
Alpinestar's Air Carbon

No boots... =/

Wish I had money for more gear, I need to get my winter gear soon when it hits 40 - 50ish in FL =P

Good thing you're not a Helmet Whore, I've seen people get Rossi replicas that cost a lot and they just have them on display at their house.

Detrich

Mike> you NEED boots! when i got rear-ended back in january and was not wearing boots, my lower shins got dinged up really good. :( i learned my lesson.

these are what I have, and they're decent & inexpensive: (i think jon kerr has them too)

Leather Sport Racing Boots Competition Accessories

the removable pieces wear out pretty fast if you ride a lot, so i recommend buying 1 or 2 sets to go with it. but, it just depends how rough you are. i've been riding for about a year now, and i've replaced both my toe sliders 1 x's...

Detrich

PS speaking of weather...

it was mid 50's last week in the night time... after our thursday bike meet i went for a short ride by myself and nearly froze my ass off on the freeways... :lol: still loved it tho, seeing all the city lights etc going from the 210w into the 2 south... i had thermals on, long sleeve shirt, my leather fieldsheer flex jacket with the lining on, and i was still really cold... <lol>

then yesterday it's mid 50's, i took my jacket liner out, wore just a thermal top and henley and didn't even sweat at all for 2 hours i was riding. then today i hear on the news it's going to be MID 90'S tomorrow thru the middle/ end of this week.

what gives? LOL

MikeN02

Mike> you NEED boots! when i got rear-ended back in january and was not wearing boots, my lower shins got dinged up really good. :( i learned my lesson.

these are what I have, and they're decent & inexpensive: (i think jon kerr has them too)

Leather Sport Racing Boots Competition Accessories

the removable pieces wear out pretty fast if you ride a lot, so i recommend buying 1 or 2 sets to go with it. but, it just depends how rough you are. i've been riding for about a year now, and i've replaced both my toe sliders 1 x's...
Yeah thought I could sneak it past you that I didn't have any boots. I was planing on getting either the Shift Fuels, or Alpine Stars One O One. But that looks good as well, just that the bike is my main transportation so I need something to be comfortable in

creggur

Yeah thought I could sneak it past you that I didn't have any boots. I was planing on getting either the Shift Fuels, or Alpine Stars One O One. But that looks good as well, just that the bike is my main transportation so I need something to be comfortable in
Check these out Mike. Been wearing them for over a year, and while not as robust as racing boots, they do offer pretty good protection, water proof, and almost as comfy as my Nikes once they were broken in. As a bonus, they look pretty normal under jeans.

TCX X-Cube All Purpose Boots - Street Bike - Motorcycle Superstore

Last edited:

Detrich

Those look good too... I think u have lotsa choices...

I've worn the Vega Sport boots all day at work under riding jeans and they're comfortable (after broken in) and don't draw any unnecessary attention- pretty stealth. I really like that the hard shell is high and protects my shins. They also look good when worn outside with my leathers... (Click on my photos to see what they look like with me wearing them with my leathers... Black goes with any color.)

Last edited:

creggur

Was about to order em but... out of stock...
Sorry about the bum link.... That irritates the hell out of me about MotoSS - if they aren't available (in any size apparently) take them off the site...:rant:

Detrich

yah, i hate it when online sellers just upload the manufacturer's catalog for the product year and never update their inventory... i've made several purchases that way that got kicked back cuz of the, "oh sorry, we no longer have that in stock and our web site hasn't been updated" story.

well, at least they refunded me i guess... but, it's aggravating to say the least.

J-9

Rookie...

No heated gear?

Only two helmets?

Of course I've had 20 years to build it up.:thumbup:

Detrich

Det: are those boots comfy? I need new boots.
like all boots, the leather requires a light amount of initial breaking in. but, after that they feel very comfortable to me...

i wear a size 8 mens nike and sketchers. so, i ordered a size 8 for the Vega sport boots, and they fit spot on... i wanted to wear thick socks to cover my shins for comfort. so i broke them in and always wear a pair of thin, low cut white crew socks as a base plus a pair of wool snowboarding socks. but, they'll fit fine with just one layer of socks too...

as mentioned, my only negative thus far is that the toe sliders do wear out. but, they're only like $8 or so a set. so, i just ordered some extra. they unscrew/ screw on with just a philips screw driver.

i think jon kerr has the same ones, so hopefully he'll sound in a bit on this as well...

MikeN02

I'll order a set next week when I get paid. All reviews on it are 4 stars and up. Boots that I were looking for. Water proof, look normal, full length and price isn't that bad.

I know it's bad at the moment but I use wear regular tennis shoes but I have all of the other piece of gear.

Ps you have small feet! I'm a 9 and thought I had small feet

creggur

I'll order a set next week when I get paid. All reviews on it are 4 stars and up. Boots that I were looking for. Water proof, look normal, full length and price isn't that bad.

I know it's bad at the moment but I use wear regular tennis shoes but I have all of the other piece of gear.

Ps you have small feet! I'm a 9 and thought I had small feet
I may pick up a pair of these as well - Look like a good value...

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Detrich

lol. Well I wear 9 for Merrell. Just depends on the brand.

The toe sliders are a drop down item on the size. Just click on the size and you'll see it.

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Detrich

They're comfortable and look stealthy under jeans right? :)