Need a boot reccomendation, maybe pant too.

D

Deleted member 9794

However, I've been wearing these, Speed and Strength Moment of Truth boots for the past month or so, and I like them even more! Keep you cool, extremely good protection, ridiculously comfortable (you can wear them all day, and not just for riding), and are holding up beautifully despite the beating I give shoes/boots:

I don't recommend this style, they give you about as much ankle protection as shoes - here are some excellent examples of "shoe" protection at work:

(skip to 2:06):
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06WgbDqqXPM]kid on motorcycle breaks ankle full video no music - YouTube[/ame]

warning, this one is graphic (i.e. it's hanging off):
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-IHiTmoUag]Graphic Broken Ankle From Motorcycle Accident - YouTube[/ame]

at least go with 3/4 length boots.

BKP

Both riders in the videos you exhibited are wearing low rise sneakers. Those sneakers end *below* the ankle, and are basically cloth with a rubber sole slapped on.

The Moment of Truth boots rise at least 1-1/2" above my ankle, have extremely thick padding on both sides covering the ankle bone, double-leather reinforced outers on either side of the ankle, and double straps to keep them in place, should there be a mishap.

As I mentioned, if you're going to do aggressive riding, go for the higher boots, or if you're going to do dumbass stunting without the skills...

For daily riding, where you're also going to be doing a bit of walking around, in hotter weather, the Moment of Truth are a great boot, and at a non-prohibitive price (~$115).

Deathdiesel

God what morons above...Thats why I want 3/4 boots minimum. I may consider buying two pairs really. A pair for when im specifically going out to have fun and ride, and a pair for commuting.

Anyone have any opinions on the Gaerne boot here? Will it be too stiff?
http://www.ridersdiscount.com/Gaerne-Grw-Racing-Boots/dp/B0082G2XMC?ie=UTF8&id=Gaerne%20Grw%20Racing%20Boots&field_product_site_launch_date_utc=-1y&field_availability=-1&field_browse=5498826011&searchSize=12&searchNodeID=5498826011&searchPage=1&refinementHistory=price%2Cbrandtextbin%2Ccolor_map%2Csize_name%2Csubjectbin&field_price=20000-49999&searchBinNameList=brandtextbin%2Ccolor_map%2Cprice%2Csize_name%2Csubjectbin&searchRank=salesrank

If so then ill probably just get the A*s SMX-5 Vented, tired of looking.

Last edited by a moderator:

heehee_haha

Well, I'm a fellow rider from Texas who just got pair of SIDI Fusion AIR. From your description of Protection, Style, Price and Looks, they seem like the perfect candidate for your search. Check this video here

SIDI Fusion Air Boots - RevZilla

The SIDI quality is immaculate and has good protection for all the desired areas: heel, malleolus, shin as well as the ankle. Its also got your toe-slider for that odd track day. Being in Texas, I was worried about comfort and was leaning towards the SMX-5s just because they have that little vent built-in. But having researched this topic, the truth is no good motorcycle boot worth its salt is going to keep your feet bone dry in 100+ weather. On that note, i did ride with these boots for a couple of hours at 110F and they were surprisingly comfortable. No, your foot doesnot feel the breeze but the inner lining does a good job of wicking, if needed, to keep your feet dry. They are relatively comfortable to walk in, break in really well but again, I'm not sure i'll walk in them for 4 hours. I dont think you will be able to do that in any shoes that offer the protection that you want.

I also use JoeRocket Phoenix 3.0 mesh overpants which seem to offer decent protection and more importantly good ventilation for 100+F riding.

G'luck!

lwclancers

I really really like these. Worn them about 2 years. The heel and foot protection is ridiculous. Since they arent full length they are more than comfortable for all day wearing. For your price point, these would be a good boot!

I compared them to the same S&S boots above. The S&S boots were my second choice because these ICONs were superior in protection. I think you would be happy with them.

Icon Field Armor Chukka Boots - Cruiser Motorcycle - Motorcycle Superstore

Deathdiesel

Okay so, I guess its down to Sidi Fusion, and Alpinestars S-mx5..any others seem to either be overkill or uncomfortable.

To the owners of the A*s hows the comfort level on them?

D

Deleted member 9794

Okay so, I guess its down to Sidi Fusion, and Alpinestars S-mx5..any others seem to either be overkill or uncomfortable.

Fyi, my A*s are a model from 2010, they fixed the squeak in the newer year models.

BKP

I could wear my SMX-5's all day. (Bought them this year, so I assume they're the latest version). However, I think boots/shoes/sneakers are a very personal fit... You need to try them on... walk around in them... Given A*'s trend to European fit (I need an X-Large in their gloves), I assumed their boots would be too narrow (I wear a 3E width). But, they fit perfectly... I'm happy...

Deathdiesel

Okay now that I really wanted to hear, just wish they werent so expensive. Quite a bit more than the cortechs :/ just really hope they last for the price. Who knows, I may end up disliking how they fit, if so then ill try the sidis, if not them than fuck it, military leathers will have to do lol.

Chucker

Attachments

Detrich

^ those are nearly "identical" to the Vega Sport II's i'm selling for $50 brand new shipped. :) even the tread pattern, toe/ heel/ ankle sliders are nearly identical... they're prolly made by the same factory in china, i'm guessing.

well, they still up for grabs if anyone wants them. i have a total of 4 pair of boots now... so, i honestly don't need the Vega II's anymore. <lol>

again, these are brand new, in the box, & never worn. they are $130 new and i'm letting go for $50 shipped. how can u beat that?

http://www.600cc.org/forum/f34/fs-new-vega-sport-ii-street-race-style-boots-us-size-8-black-75-shipped-24579/

:)

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Detrich

Sidi makes great boots, but u really do get what u pay for... I love my ST's and am very happy with them. yah- they're kinda pricey, but they're CE-rated. definitely -NOT- a boot to walk around in for extended amounts of time tho... the heel area is also a bit roomier than the front, for some reason. but, dr. scholls gel heel insert fixed that.

i still wear my Vega I's to bike nights or for quick spins around town, as they are very comfy to walk around in and offer good shin protection.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Deathdiesel

So i guess aplinestars smx-5 boot it is.

Edit: omfg shoot me in the face, MSS has a 9.5 and 10.5, why the hell not a 10?????

Last edited:

Deathdiesel

Went ahead and bought a 10.5 if it wont work ill go with sidi.

Also Just wanted to say thanks everyone who put input in this thread, reccomendations are greatly appreciated. :) You guys rock