What did you do to your bike today?

Installed the R&G Radiator Guard.
You have to take off both of the side cowlings. It bolts into the bolt at the bottom of the radiator. The two zip ties go through little holes at the top and around the bolts at the top of the radiator. The right zip tie was easy to put in, but the left one was kinda hard. There is a rubber seal of some kind up there and it made it very difficult to find where to get the zip tie through to get a hold on it to put it back up front. When done just cut off the excess zip tie and you are done. I think it looks pretty good. I did it in my garage. I will try to remember to link a picture later. Nothing special it is a mesh screen over the radiator with an R&G emblem at the bottom.

Saw one in fast bikes mag from England. Where did u get it?

Looking good as always Jon, is that a new helmet we spy there?

Here is South Aus we swapped weather with you,
last week we had hottest day in May for LOOONG time (IDK? news said some record) 31c!
...and then Today 17c with too much rain.

abe3y5yp.jpg

New shoes! Had Metzeler M5 Sportecs fitted front and rear. Heard great reviews about these tyres so I'm keen as to try them out! :D

Went out for a quick, cruising ride this morning for the first time in weeks before everyone showed up at my house for mothers day bbq. Hadn't ridden in 3 weeks I think due to plans or rain and just wanted to get a quick loop in. We apparently don't get to have spring in San Diego this year. It went straight from the end of winter last week with rain and 40's and 50's (yes that's winter here :rolleyes: ) to summer this weekend with high 90's yesterday and today. It was 95ºF at my house when I got home from my ride at 10:30AM and 101ºF when people started showing up. :eek: How the hell did summer get here so suddenly?

DSC_3129-M.jpg

I know what you mean. I about 3 hours north of San Diego, up in Hesperia. It was windy, cloudy, rainy, with 50-60 degree weather then boom! 98 and 100 the next days. Gotta love that Southern California Weather! lol

Gracie got a bath today. What else would you do on a rainy day other than wash your bike? We had some tile work done on Thursday and since it was pouring like crazy they took the liberty of moving their tile cutting operation into our garage. They kept the door open, but still... Gracie was covered in white dust. The guy cutting all the tile offered to wash my bike for me but I did not want his grubby hands anywhere near her. :mad:
So after my dear husband helpfully informed me that tile dust is corrosive, I decided a good wash was in order. Of course it rained only while I was outside washing the bike. As soon as it was back in the garage the rain stopped. How does that even happen? I wasn't going to wax it but after the wash it was looking a bit dull, so I used my favorite, Liquid Glass, and got some shine on! I really love the copper color, it cleans up so well! My husband used the Mother's plastic polish on the windshield and headlight they came out beautiful. You almost can't see the plastic. And yes, I even took some pictures! :)

Something about a good waxing that just makes you fall in love all over again.

Took Gracie to work to show off the waxed gleaming bronze jewel of a bike that she is.

And now she's covered in pollen!!!! :banghead:

Oh well.... What's the use of having a bike if you don't ride it, and riding = dirt.

Speaking of dirt, I am so glad we ride on gravel roads every now and again (I know, whoop-de-do, right?)! It makes it so much easier to breeze through the Maine summer construction scene... I like the way I can stand up on this bike and just let it deal with the bumps. :D Too bad cars like to crawl through unpaved areas. Next time I'll give myself twice as much room as today...

AGREED!!!

Rode to work today. Planning on riding her to work again tomorrow. Gonna try out the new coolant tomorrow! :) after all the cold wx here, it is supposed to hit 90 tomorrow! :eek: Heat stroke time is hear again! :( Why cant it stay 70's all summer! LOL

I hear you on that!

I rode it to the dealership to get the 600 mile service done. I'm picking it up tomorrow morning and them I'm riding it to Tennessee to visit my brother.

My brother put over 35,000 miles on his bikes last year riding them back and forth between Tennessee and Texas and I'm looking forward to letting him ride it so he can give me his thoughts on the FZ6R.

Also, my new Pitt Bull stand arrived today. Damn, it's built like a tank and it looks like a work of art. I had NO idea that Pitt Bull is based in Huntsville, Alabama...about 25 miles from my house. As a motorcyclist, how in the hell could I not know that?!

Last edited:

I picked it up from the dealership, had the 600 mile service done yesterday, and I rode to Tennessee to visit my brother. He gave my FZ6R a big thumbs up! I put about 175 miles on it today. I got pulled over for speeding, but the policeman let me off with just a warning. I was VERY lucky and he was VERY nice. However, he did tell me to pay better attention to the speed limit signs on those Tennessee backroads.

I know that compared to a true supersport bike the FZ6R is lacking in the power department, but compared to the CBR250R and the V Star 650 Custom that I had before this, the FZ6R is a rocket ship!

Last edited:

Back