What did you do to your bike today?

see how the outside plate round part lines up with the inside plate on the far right link.... it doesn't on the left one... the pin is worn down horribly

Ah, that is not good... Did not see it myself at first. That is a good eye ya got! Not sure I would have noticed that. That does look like it could go at any time!

yeah, I showed the better half when I saw it... and she was like, ok, what am I looking at.... once I explained it she said.... so, caging it for a few weeks huh...

crap is right.... I'm setting my limit to 20k on my chains, just not worth the risk. and I'll do my tires at the same time, have 11k or so on my pr2.... I'm really up in the air on what to get next.... I like how the pr2 hold out mileage-wise, but without a lot of twisties, the profile is just all goofy.... I have to decide soon as I just got my MSS mag and they are having whopping sales on all brands.... I'm considering the BT-023 or trying the Angel ST again

If you are looking for a cheaper alt for tires, I really like my Shinko 009 Raven. Only had for about 500 miles now but it is awesome tire for the price. $108 shipped for rear from Revzilla. Hammered the hell out of it on last ride and never once even though of losing traction. Supposed to get great mileage too. I will definitely be sticking with them from now on if the mileage lives up to what they are supposed to.

All my parts are fitted and wired up, just finished washing it and it starts to pour with rain.... Looks like the detailing will have to wait!

Rode her to work, and took her for a bit of a night/thinking ride. Everything just seems to clear up when on a bike. Nothing matters at that moment, but the ride.

I'm going to head your way again this summer. I should have a fresh set of Conti-motion by then... I let you try them. With all the rain I get here in summer time... 12-15K, that's about it. I could probably get more but I rather have peace of mind then trying to pound few more miles on a chain, or tires.

are you saying that you get 12-15 out of a rear tire? I'll be lucky to get 6k out of my rear on the Ninja1k, lol.

But yeah, I will probably be changing my chain out around the 6-10k mark as I know I'm not exactly the nicest to my chain on that bike...

Today I looked at the bike and then went back inside and proceeded to mod some LED lights for use with the laptop... lol. After I finished that job I checked the mail box and found that my molex connectors finally showed up so I could have been working on my LEDs for the bike but instead did another project related to LEDs.

My brother will be happy though as I made him a red LED USB light for when he's doing repos, now he can read papers and see his keyboard on the laptop while he's in the truck at night and not have to blind himself with the in cab light (his boss wont let me make a red in cab light replacement the truck).

Last edited:
Yeah. Hell Yeah! It's an amazing thing, how everything else goes away, when you're concentrated on riding.

It can be time to think (which can be dangerous, gotta still pay attention) or just emptiness. Just the ride. Just the mental emptiness of letting yourself be absorbed by the imminence of everything come at you.

Just monitoring speed, fuel and revs. Brake lights ahead and swooshing around. Just the lean and turn and keep alive, and doing it when it's just up to you, and how you react and what you do.

It all comes down to you and your awesome machine. I've not doubt, there are other ways to feel like that. Me on my Tora Tanshi. That's how I choose to do it! :thumbup:

Reps on the way for getting it, Brother. Reps on the way.

It's calming, almost like a meditation of sorts for me. I appreciate the rep. : )

Your attention to detail is both obnoxious and admirable at the same time! How the heck did you pull that off? :D

Seriously, that's a good eye and a good lesson for the rest of us. Rep on the way.

Seriously! The minute I read that I checked everything! Twice!

Lmfao. True now I need to go inspect my chain and check tire pressure

Sent from my one and only iPhone 5 using Tapa 2 da talk

I think dart1963 has created several scrutinizing monsters out of us! lol

Gracie got a bath today. What else would you do on a rainy day other than wash your bike? We had some tile work done on Thursday and since it was pouring like crazy they took the liberty of moving their tile cutting operation into our garage. They kept the door open, but still... Gracie was covered in white dust. The guy cutting all the tile offered to wash my bike for me but I did not want his grubby hands anywhere near her. :mad:
So after my dear husband helpfully informed me that tile dust is corrosive, I decided a good wash was in order. Of course it rained only while I was outside washing the bike. As soon as it was back in the garage the rain stopped. How does that even happen? I wasn't going to wax it but after the wash it was looking a bit dull, so I used my favorite, Liquid Glass, and got some shine on! I really love the copper color, it cleans up so well! My husband used the Mother's plastic polish on the windshield and headlight they came out beautiful. You almost can't see the plastic. And yes, I even took some pictures! :)

Attachments

• 1-Rt side.jpg
    1-Rt side.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 23
  • 2-Tank.jpg
    2-Tank.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 3-Clear shield.jpg
    3-Clear shield.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 20

Back