• Yes

Votes: 98 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 76 38.4%
  • It's a must

Votes: 24 12.1%

• Total voters

ajiribarren

I've gotten used to hearing music all the time, I feel more relaxed that way. Blocking the wind noise and just having music as a background really helps me focus and enjoy my riding more.

anson650

I tried it and don't like it. I like to listen to the motor, exhaust, tires on the road even the wind is preferable to music. The sounds of the bike and moving are part of the experience and I do not want to be distracted from that. I prefer to be as totally focused on riding as I can. Bikes are very unforgiving of mistakes. If want to listen to music I take my car.
Anson650

joloy133

I tried it and don't like it. I like to listen to the motor, exhaust, tires on the road even the wind is preferable to music. The sounds of the bike and moving are part of the experience and I do not want to be distracted from that. I prefer to be as totally focused on riding as I can. Bikes are very unforgiving of mistakes. If want to listen to music I take my car.
Anson650
Likewise here. I don't even like earplugs which I've used, 2 different types!!! I'm still completely involved with the sensation of the bike and being aware. (When I do drift off, attention wise, I get pissed off actually.)

arkkornkid

Likewise here. I don't even like earplugs which I've used, 2 different types!!! I'm still completely involved with the sensation of the bike and being aware. (When I do drift off, attention wise, I get pissed off actually.)
If you don't like plugs, try cotton. I keep some cotton balls in my vest pocket and tear off what I need each time I ride. It's enough to lower the wind noise without blocking out very much sound.

Skidro

I ride everyday so I have to have my music when I ride, even if I get a ticket for the earbuds. I've had 2 wrecks & many near misses, but none of those had anything to do with me listening to music. If ]'m on the Dragon, Blue Ridge Parkway or similar road I will enjoy the ride without the music.

Rookasaki

I ride everyday so I have to have my music when I ride, even if I get a ticket for the earbuds. I've had 2 wrecks & many near misses, but none of those had anything to do with me listening to music. If ]'m on the Dragon, Blue Ridge Parkway or similar road I will enjoy the ride without the music.
I agree. If I'm riding hard I'll kill the music and focus on my riding. Normal riding/cruising I always have the tunes on.

Brock Kickass

I keep mine turned down fairly low, but love to have it when I'm touring. I kill it when I'm in traffic, on a challenging road, etc...

bjs045

Interesting find here. May need to try this out, which will change my vote :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l89BBAF9PC8]YouTube - U-Clear HBC100 Bluetooth Communicator Review at RevZilla.com[/ame]

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

ajskillz13

bjs045

Great find!!!! This is tops on my list now. Will definitely be the next purchase... and I might have to spring for one for my wife as well!
Thanks! It's on the top of my list too. I wasn't to thrilled to use a boom mic on other blue tooth devices. I tried using skull candy ear buds but my Shoei RF-1100 would just pull them out when I put it on. I don't know if the extra thick padding of the neck roll or my head is just retarded lol.

kevin8198

Elite Member

24KMACH

No plugs, no music and a stock exhaust. I like to listen to the screeching tires behind me when I'm stopped at a light. :eek:

oyamyers

Yeah, It's Illegal for me too (CALIFORNIA) but so is speeding... ;)
I do admit it distracts me at times...
I just moved to Cali and when I went to get my license they made me take the written test for my motorcycle endorsement. The book I read said that we are allowed to wear one headphone. I break the "law" anyway and always wear two. Gotta love Disturbed on Pandora!!! Rock On Bitches!!!:rockon:

XTRAWLD

We have Scala comms. When together for a ride, we communicate through them. Only this week was the first time I had the radio on low (solo ride to work) - radio only really works in the City though. I find when it's on low - it's nice, but I don't want it really loud to block out other sound around me. Admittedly, the morning show was semi distracting until I got used to it and they finally played some music.

It's illegal to have ear phones while driving here, however the set comes with 2 earpieces to go in your helmet for communication, I think one earphone is allowed....so...... In addition, the Scala is capable of bluetooth capability with your phone - even better - you can talk about your business meeting to people when out for a ride :rolleyes: - we have handsfree law here too.

I thought the idea of getting out on a bike is to leave everything behind you and it's just you and your thoughts and your bike going for a leisurely ride.....

ajskillz13

I have a bluetooth system as well and while I definitely appreciate the convenience of it when I want it, I am starting to enjoy not listening to music while I ride.

I will turn some on on longer, boring rides, but lately I've just been syncing it up in-case my wife calls while just riding in silence. (and those lovely exhaust tunes!)

cavcuz05

as much as i want to...i prefer really keeping my ears clear for traffic and like the other user said...two bros is music to my ears