• Yes

Votes: 98 49.5%
  • No

Votes: 76 38.4%
  • It's a must

Votes: 24 12.1%

• Total voters

Sage

Illegal for us to have anything in our ears while riding/driving, plus i think it would make me less aware anyway and the twobros is music to my ears :p

Heineken

Elite Member

arkkornkid

I've tried on several occasions and it just doesn't work for me, it's a bit too distracting.... which sucks because certain music does affect how I drive my car, so you'd think it would translate over to riding but nope, not meant to be.

Sage

IL law is kinda funny, no ear phones but helmets aren't required. I always wear my helmet and listen to my music.
I always wear the helmet too, but I've just gotten used to not listening to music while riding ever since I got pulled over for it :\

Illinois is just whacky on motorcycle laws compared to other states...and we're one of the strictest...why no helmet law? lol

Rookasaki

Illegal for us to have anything in our ears while riding/driving, plus i think it would make me less aware anyway and the twobros is music to my ears :p
Yeah, It's Illegal for me too (CALIFORNIA) but so is speeding... ;)
I do admit it distracts me at times...

Last edited:

ajskillz13

I think I'm going to get some Chatterbox Bluetooth communicators for my wife and me eventually. They would double as walkie talkies and music / phone connection.

I currently will put some ear buds in for a longer ride, but I wouldn't say it's the most comfortable or safe way to ride. I figure that if I get a speaker system like Chatterbox in my helmet, it will be much less intrusive and not as loud.

Detrich

i think 1 ear is ok but not both ears for CA? a lotta my friends ride with music, but i don't- only because i worry about safety. i wear disposable foam earplugs, and that helps reduce wind noise. but, i can still hear decently. i'd imagine if i were to ride from LA to San Diego or something that having some music might be a nice...

JSP

Super Moderator
I wear earplugs but not music. I like more quiet. ;)

bjs045

no plugs, no music...the Shoei RF-1100 has minor wind noise. I rode a short distance with some plugs Detrich gave to me. I didn't like it, I couldn't hear anything, it was really disorienting.

JSP

Super Moderator
no plugs, no music...the Shoei RF-1100 has minor wind noise. I rode a short distance with some plugs Detrich gave to me. I didn't like it, I couldn't hear anything, it was really disorienting.
I use Hearos

Hearos Ultimate Softness Series Ear Plugs 20 Pair and more Hearing Protection at GuitarCenter.com.

They work great. I can still hear everything. Even some wind.. It just takes out the pressure from the wind/buffeting. They were GREAT when I was riding with some people that had the loudest damn exhausts I'd ever heard. I did a stretch with them out and instant headache. Love riding with them now. Going to and from work isnt so bad, but when I really open the bike up or ride with others, they are a must!

iSpoolin

I hardly listen to music in my car. I love the sound of an engine. Screw Music.

JSP

Super Moderator
I hardly listen to music in my car. I love the sound of an engine. Screw Music.
Thats another thing I like about these earplugs. I can hear the engine so much cleaner now. Before it was really covered with wind/road noise. I can still hear that stuff, its just separated and not overwhelming. The engine is beautiful to listen too now :cool:

bjs045

I use Hearos

Hearos Ultimate Softness Series Ear Plugs 20 Pair and more Hearing Protection at GuitarCenter.com.

They work great. I can still hear everything. Even some wind.. It just takes out the pressure from the wind/buffeting. They were GREAT when I was riding with some people that had the loudest damn exhausts I'd ever heard. I did a stretch with them out and instant headache. Love riding with them now. Going to and from work isnt so bad, but when I really open the bike up or ride with others, they are a must!
Thanks I'll look into those. I probably don't have the best hearing in the first place LOL. After years and years working in a shop with compressors and air tools going. Not to mention testing and tuning a lot of high end audio systems. Should have wore ear protection back then! :mad:

JSP

Super Moderator
Thanks I'll look into those. I probably don't have the best hearing in the first place LOL. After years and years working in a shop with compressors and air tools going. Not to mention testing and tuning a lot of high end audio systems. Should have wore ear protection back then! :mad:
Thats another reason you should wear it now as well. Even if it doesnt hurt or feel like it when you ride, the pressure and noise is affecting your hearing. Save what ya got! :D

flyingminno

I do, but it depends on the ride and the riding style. For long rides, I have music in on low, as they act as ear plugs as well. For commuting, I sometimes do too if I am stressed. But for aggressive riding or riding in traffic, especially if I will be splitting lanes, I leave the headphones out.

Detrich

NTSA and AAA have already done studies that show owners of convertible cars all develop permanent hearing loss over time...

JonKerr

Elite Member

bmw675

I've just gotten used to not listening to music while riding ever since I got pulled over for it :\
how did you get pulled over for that? how did they know?
I keep my player in my pocket and run the wire inside my jacket just to keep it from getting caught on anything, and you can't see it.

Sage

was next to him and he could see the wires coming out of my helmet to the the pocket on the front of the jacket... was a little to obvious. At least it was one of the few cops I know and he just told me that we can't have earbuds in while driving then proceeded to ask me when I switched bikes lol