Elite Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member
Last edited:

BKP

Geeez... I tip my hat to you for even attempting to cross a creek with what must be a few algae-covered shoals (that's not just a flooded out road, is it?).

The 6R is a versatile bike... but a dual-sport, it's not...

P.S. I laughed my azz off at how you 'presented' it... bravo!

Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
Wow! Any damage to the bike?

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

tr1umph4nt

Today I did the 4000miles oil change on the fazer(god knows how much i hate that oil filter) Thanks to the rubber jar opener idea, its off. put on new fairings(the old ones were messed up from the crash)

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Idiosynocracy

That's the funny thing about this bike it is fast, but it's not fast by squid standards lol.

I kind of have the itch to upgrade, but after riding to work this morning I love the bike, I still want to see what options are out there. Wife seems all about it right now too, she wants us on a supersport.
I feel you on the upgrade. But I just got her back in August. I know I'll "upgrade" in the future to say an R6 or a ZX6R but I'm perfectly happy with The FZ6R right now. We shall see in the next couple years.

SpawnXX

Premium Member

Maadi

Me and my hubby had a day off "just because" and we spent it riding. We are fortunate enough to have an old naval air base close by, where they used to hold riding courses for the soldiers. So, they have a big, empty parking lot with all the required markings painted on the asphalt. We went to practice there first and let me tell you, that figure eight box is tough. I can stay inside the mid-size box, but need a lot more practice to get inside the smallest...
Then we went to our local Yamaha dealer to look at some riding boots for me, because the old ones I have been using are a bit stiff in the ankles for this type of a bike. I ended up buying the Gaerne Flow Touring boots, just because they felt the best on my feet. After the fact, when I googled them, I realized I apparently bought a really good boot. Yay!

Idiosynocracy

Me and my hubby had a day off "just because" and we spent it riding. We are fortunate enough to have an old naval air base close by, where they used to hold riding courses for the soldiers. So, they have a big, empty parking lot with all the required markings painted on the asphalt. We went to practice there first and let me tell you, that figure eight box is tough. I can stay inside the mid-size box, but need a lot more practice to get inside the smallest...
Then we went to our local Yamaha dealer to look at some riding boots for me, because the old ones I have been using are a bit stiff in the ankles for this type of a bike. I ended up buying the Gaerne Flow Touring boots, just because they felt the best on my feet. After the fact, when I googled them, I realized I apparently bought a really good boot. Yay!
I need to get me some riding boots... and some riding pants but I'm so broke though it sucks. : (

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

daddyrack

Premium Member

Idiosynocracy

no money for gear is ususaly the case but worth it in the long run
I bet! I'm just worried that something will happen and my legs/feet won't have the proper protection and they'll take some serious damage. : /

First ride derestricted yesterday.... All I can is: full throttle = :D :D :D :D

Going to be even harder to stay out of trouble now though.. :rolleyes:

Idiosynocracy

First ride derestricted yesterday.... All I can is: full throttle = :D :D :D :D

Going to be even harder to stay out of trouble now though.. :rolleyes:
That brings me back to when I hit the 1k mile spot on my bike... took her outside to the back roads and opened her up! Went about 120-125 mph and it was mind blowing. All the adrenaline in my body began to rush, i saw EVERYTHING in slow motion, my heart was pounding... At that moment, I awoke as a new person, reborn to the world. To someone who rides a supersport that may seem like nothing. But to a person who has never reached those kinds of limits? I've created a monster. I am Dr. Jekyl; and the bike, my Mr. Hyde.