What did you do to your bike today?

BoneJj

i would totally take offense to all your comments about California... but they are true LOL. I have said this before that this is the best state for everything a person could want to do... with the worst state government a person could want to see. Most stringent laws of pretty much any state (most of which are designed to simply collect money), he has a point. However go figure that Ca is i believe the only state you dont need a motorcycle license to drive a can am and is the only state that allows you to lane split on a motorcycle which is *** backwards. However as much as they try their best to screw up living here they don't suceed. I have been to the snow and the beach in the same day and I still have literally endless miles of open road and It was 70 on my way home tonight :D
Yeah, There are just some laws that they have that make it so that I would never want to live there. I'll go there and visit family but that's about it, I just disagree with several of their laws that I find completely unconstitutional.

As for the Can Am bikes, there are a couple states that you don't need a motorcycle license to ride them, from what I remember of the article that I read on motorcyclemagazine.com. It seems a little odd that you don't but whatever. I never really like them because they don't lean in a turn. If you want a good 3 wheeled bike then I would say to check out the Piaggio MP3 (250, 400 and 500 cc options). They actually lean in a turn.
Lovely wife is catching up on schooo work, great opportunity for a coffe ride!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
LOL, do you ever ride to Quaker State Lube in St. Pete? https://maps.google.com/maps?q=10400+49th+St.+North,+Clearwater,+Florida+33762&hl=en&ll=27.871252,-82.697525&spn=0.36116,0.676346&sll=27.586198,-81.831665&sspn=1.448387,2.705383&t=h&hnear=10400+49th+St+N,+Clearwater,+Florida+33762&z=11

They do a bike thing on Wednesdays it seems. I might be going to that this week, depends on how many people are going to be riding from my area.

FSXlover

Well, first thing I did was give my beauty a nice cleaning. I also oiled up the chain.

Next thing I did was order a fender eliminator with some turn signals. And finally after that I ordered a Air hawk seat cover. Then a nice ride.

Pictures will be shown once I have the f/e on.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

latony007

Yeah, There are just some laws that they have that make it so that I would never want to live there. I'll go there and visit family but that's about it, I just disagree with several of their laws that I find completely unconstitutional.

As for the Can Am bikes, there are a couple states that you don't need a motorcycle license to ride them, from what I remember of the article that I read on motorcyclemagazine.com. It seems a little odd that you don't but whatever. I never really like them because they don't lean in a turn. If you want a good 3 wheeled bike then I would say to check out the Piaggio MP3 (250, 400 and 500 cc options). They actually lean in a turn.
I have heard several people say this about the can am. NONE of the people had actually ridden one though. My brother has one and I have put over 500 miles on them and they are a blast to ride. Is it the exact same as a bike? No, does that mean its not fun? nope. Here is my theory, its about 15-20% less fun than a bike and about 75% safer.

QUOTE]

Morning.

Beautiful day for a ride Saturday, 60+ degrees, yea lets get the bike out.

5 miles down the road. DEAD. Main fuse popped, cap gun type smell, seems like RR malfunctioned and shot the stator wires to hell. Haven't opened it up to check, bought the replacement parts and going to tackle it with the help of a forum member.

Sigh, it was just supposed to be a nice ride, on a nice day. OH WELL! I ordered the mosfet version of the RR, hopefully that and the new stator will last a while.
Nis didn't you by a new one? Couldn't get anyone to go with me this weekend so wound up with just a short hour ride through box canyon in simi.

Last edited:

2013 Fz6r satin

LOL, do you ever ride to Quaker State Lube in St. Pete? https://maps.google.com/maps?q=10400+49th+St.+North,+Clearwater,+Florida+33762&hl=en&ll=27.871252,-82.697525&spn=0.36116,0.676346&sll=27.586198,-81.831665&sspn=1.448387,2.705383&t=h&hnear=10400+49th+St+N,+Clearwater,+Florida+33762&z=11

They do a bike thing on Wednesdays it seems. I might be going to that this week, depends on how many people are going to be riding from my area.
Quaker steak and lube is in pinellas park,not st.pete.... :)

Maadi

Well a reached my goal today, of commuting to work in November, but I do believe I won't be doing that for much longer... if any. That pesky time change (yes, I know, this is the "real" time, but I'd prefer the other one to be normal...) screwed up my ride home. Suddenly it gets very dark very soon and I'm feeling very small, insignificant and exposed out there in the cold and dark amongst all those cars. This is the time of year when an HID headlight beats a headlight modulator about 100 to 1.... Since the modulator is not in use.... And not having ridden at 30F before habitually, I keep wondering if my tires are warm enough.... The heated gear still works great, though!

New pet peeve: people that think all their car lights are on when they have their "day time running lights" on. :spank:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Ricenoodle

Since i had my fairings off while waiting for the projector to come back i decided to check the bike over, glad i did. the cap for the coolant reservoir had popped off whenever and it's dry:eek: radiator is still full, topped off the reservoir with engine ice and all is well:cool:

BigRobb

Since i had my fairings off while waiting for the projector to come back i decided to check the bike over, glad i did. the cap for the coolant reservoir had popped off whenever and it's dry:eek: radiator is still full, topped off the reservoir with engine ice and all is well:cool:
o_O thank your lucky stars man!

Sent from my C5170 using Tapatalk

ylwf3vr

Got a new tank pad for my bike

Attachments

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

BoneJj

I have heard several people say this about the can am. NONE of the people had actually ridden one though. My brother has one and I have put over 500 miles on them and they are a blast to ride. Is it the exact same as a bike? No, does that mean its not fun? nope. Here is my theory, its about 15-20% less fun than a bike and about 75% safer.
I've tried one out, I just didn't care for it personally. It just wasn't something I could see myself riding on a regular. I didn't like the handling of it at all.

Now give me one the T-Rex things and I'll be a happy camper. I got to ride in one of those a while back and they are just a blast. So low to the ground they just stick like a champ.

Quaker steak and lube is in pinellas park,not st.pete.... :)
Same difference? LOL
Its a long shot for me during the week. But I could make it happen on weekends.
I understand. Actually this weekend there is a Bike Night event going in downtown Ft. Myers, Saturday night but I might be able to attend as I might be shooting a wedding that day and night.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

ylwf3vr

Not today but this weekend I will need to finish winterizing my girl. First snow of the season. Supposed to be 3-5" by morning. :(

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2.
I miss snow.. but at the same time I don't lol been in the desert for last 3 years and now Hawaii

ylwf3vr

Passed 9K :D

Attachments