What did you do to your bike today?

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

BoneJj

Made up a cheap camera bracket that mounts to the handlebar. In general a small handycam will be used on it. But, to test the design, I mounted up one of the SLRs just for fun.

Took the bike for a nice ride around the lower part of the thumb of Michigan and the mount appeared to perform quite well.

Brian
That's pretty cool, what kind of parts did you use? I wouldn't mind doing something like that for my friends bike. He's cheap....

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

6R Blackout

Lowered the front end by another 1/2".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 6R Blacout

legioss

Bought few more gears, textile alpine*s jacket and glove, yesterday and took the bike out for a ride for the first time in my life. Rode it up and down the street in front of my house for approx. 2 hrs (very few traffic, like one car every hr or so).

During the last round of my ride, i asked my gf to come out to show(off) :D, and then it happened......i drop my bike :eek: i was making a large turn in neutral and foot peddling, so i didn't get hurt.

The bike Just seem to have gotten a scratch on some type of metal cover by the shifter, but we will see if there are other damages visible during the day light.

Geezer

It might be mine soon

I took the stupid safety sticker off the tank and waxed it. Then a friend and I road the back roads of Wisconsin enjoying the fall colors.

gilkeyb

That's pretty cool, what kind of parts did you use? I wouldn't mind doing something like that for my friends bike. He's cheap....
Just a 3/4" T-fitting with a cap on the top. You drill a hole in the top to fit a 1/4-20 bolt as long as you need (mine was 2.5", I think this works out well because its not too long to make it unstable but its long enough to fit easily. Then just a couple nuts to lock the bolt and camera in place and you're set. In that picture I had it held on with a bit of two sided tape and some zip-ties. But, hose clamps would work better.

alh081, I tried it just briefly in my street with my 7D + 12-24mm lens and it seemed resonably stable. But I don't think it would stay that way under aggressive acceleration. With a light combo, like my t2i plus kit lens you might be able to pull it off. But its really more suited to point and shoots or handycams.

Brian

JonKerr

Elite Member
Last edited:

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

alh081

removed AIS, installed blockoffs, and installed K&N air filter

alh081

got my bike stand in the mail today. it works well. i do have a question though. This is the first time i had the bike on a stand and i notice as i spin the rear wheel that the chain makes some noise. I'm assuming that is normal?

Geezer

Beautiful Wisconsin day so ...

my friend and I went for a ride. Then we loaded my bike on my trailer for the ride back to Colorado. Going to be cold when I get there so don't know when I will be riding again. Sad to see the warm weather going south for the winter. :(

tatty2012

Rode to work at 5:00am this morning... Starting to get a little chilly around here already...

On a side note, not today, but last Friday I went and bought front and rear stands off of Craigslist. They are DMP S-SPEC stands, barely used (maybe 2-3 times) retail for roughly $80-$90 each. Picked them both up for $50 total!!! Couldn't pass it up!

efforex

Installed my shorty levers from ebay.

travisH3

Woke up my bike from a deep sleep. (It has been raining like crazy and am tired of cleaning it after driving in the rain so I haven't rode the last couple days) and was gonna take the bike around the block and was gone for over an hour lol

BKP

Picked up some Freeze Out gear today...
I'm riding year round!!

6R Blackout

Rode it round trip about 80 miles, and got it up to --- speed. You know get on it hard and blow out the carbon build up yeah I just enjoyed my ride to and from work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 6R Blacout

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

alh081

i just drove 30 miles out of town and sat in traffic to pick up something for her...=)