What did you do to your bike today?

alh081

got my zx6r mirrors in the mail and installed!

miketriebsch

I actually just took mine off. I couldn't tighten them anymore without stripping them and everytime I hit 90mph on the dot they folded right back never failed. so I decided I like the look of a single bar end mirror and picked one up for free, I'm in love! To me looks great and I can see! What a great combo. I will say that there is more vibration now thou lol. Grrr

BKP

Put on some SWMotech risers...

Doing another marathon ride this Sunday with a couple of other forum members... I think this'll make a difference... Seems to have propped me up a few degrees of angle... Took 10 minutes. I like it --

Before, stock riser:

Marked the centerline, removed the stock top brackets (the stock bolts came out *way* easier, than I think they should have), and slipped in the new risers:

Added blue Locktite to the new bolts, added top bracket, torqued to ~17ft-lbs. No cable issues, however, I can see that adding another few mm would be a problem with the throttle cable:

dsanchez222

Yesterday I got in my new back tire. Took off the back wheel yesterday. Today got the new tire on the back wheel and the back wheel on. Also got in my new Driven +1 front sprocket. I'm gonna put that one on tonight. And Sunday, I'm going to put some miles on it.

travisH3

HOLY GIANT PICTURES!!!!

Installed my new grips and plasti dipped the handle bars black. Looks good, didn't get to ride today due to the grips having to dry. Can't wait to feel the difference tomorrow morning!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

alh081

installed my spider grips

meganiimarie

Did a full visual inspection, taped up her broken mirror and got back on the saddle for the first time since my crash about a month ago. It was rough, I can't lie. I should know next week if I need surgery to fix my knee, so maybe not the best idea but I had to ride before the rainy season hit and my anxiety got even worse :(

BoneJj

Did a full visual inspection, taped up her broken mirror and got back on the saddle for the first time since my crash about a month ago. It was rough, I can't lie. I should know next week if I need surgery to fix my knee, so maybe not the best idea but I had to ride before the rainy season hit and my anxiety got even worse :(
I hope you don't need the surgery. I myself have had many surgeries and it's very hard to bounce back as you get older. Good luck if you do need the surgery. You will need to make sure that you work hard to get all your range of motion and strength back.

I'm still working on my ankle/foot and lower leg to get it back into shape.

alh081

blacked out my windscreen!

efforex

Installed my intuitive frame sliders. I think i have done all i can with my fz6r including my shorty levers are in the mail.

alh081

made custom LED front turn signals for my fz6r for about $12.00. lost one in a reck a fewe weeak's back and dont have the money to replace with flush mounts or the factorey one for that mater I think thay look good. made a mold so thay wold fit in the farings the way the factorey one's did so the base of the light is on top of the ferings but the part i molded fit's right into the fering with no mod to the $ 700.00 ferings. onley one thing thay are onley good for turn or running lights not bouth but i can fix that with a resester i think. has aney one ever put a resester in an LED light to make the light run a 30% for running light and fuel brite for turn?
Can we see pics of your custom lights?
Also, you can check out my thread, i did the running lights w/ resistors.
alh081's mod thread

gilkeyb

Made up a cheap camera bracket that mounts to the handlebar. In general a small handycam will be used on it. But, to test the design, I mounted up one of the SLRs just for fun.

Took the bike for a nice ride around the lower part of the thumb of Michigan and the mount appeared to perform quite well.

Brian

Attachments

alh081

that looks pretty awesome. how well does it work w/ a dslr?