What did you do to your bike today?

buzzbomb

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Maadi

I missed this post talking about spiders, lol!

What a great ride. Maine to Penn and then to the Smokeys! Gonna run the Dragon! You've got great tail bags, but you're right, that's a lot of riding, requiring a lot of stuff. Packing carefully is an understatement, lol.

Also, October is a little late in the year for the Smokey's. It could be absolutely perfect, it might be really nasty, precipitation and temperature wise.

My Dragon trip was in April, which was early in the year for the area. Six solid hours in down-pouring rain on the way home. I had a cheap rain suit under my gear, and the temp wasn't too low, so it was simply an adventure, rather than torture. Still, the ride home was miserable.

Regardless, you and your wife are about to embark upon a wonderful odyssey and it seems as though you've thought things out.

Stay safe, have fun and post pics and video!
P.S.

I am the wife [emoji41]

Fortunately we have great rain gear, plus I have a heated glove/jacket liner. We should be alright. I don't know about my in-laws, though, who will be joining us from Pennsylvania. On a Goldwing. They might end up enjoying the accommodations more than the riding, if the weather sucks...

blkbrd

Elite Member

m3tric

I installed my Two Brothers exhaust and Power Commander V this weekend. Then I installed the Driven block off plates rotated the wrong way and made my bike sound like a diesel truck. Fun times. Had to disassemble everything in reverse to figure out where the hell the sound was coming from.

blkbrd

Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

blkbrd

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Maadi

Ooh! Ouch for me. Touch your finger on my shoulder. Burn! I've been solo for too long, perhaps. I've no words to express my shame at my presumption.

I am sorry if I presumed. It is not difficult to be a really bad-*** male, if one is such. If one is also a gentleman as well. Things get complicated.

Especially if that situation has gone on for years and years.

I did not mean to insult you.

I sincerely hope your ride goes as well as you hope it it does.
:D No problem, not a big deal. I have a very ambiguous avatar after I changed it not to show my bike. Wouldn't want to "insult" Yamaha...

Besides, nobody ever assumes I ride my own bike, not even other women. One time at our dealership we walked by a couple looking at the 2014 FJR's. My husband said something to the guy about how the only bad thing about an FJR is you will never want another bike, and they started talking. The wife asked me if it's comfortable... It took me a while to realize she meant as a passenger. Wouldn't know, ride my own... ;)

buzzbomb

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Slick

We had over 60 consecutive days of over 100 degrees one summer in Texas. No rain, either. It was still great to ride the Hill Country on my FZ6R. Drink a bottle of water, pour another on your had and keep going.

Now, in NC, it isn't too hot. Humidity, that's another matter. And the liquid sunshine, that stuff sucks when riding. But, as a follower of All The Gear, All The Time I am at least prepared.

I no longer say it is too hot to ride, I just choose to drive every once in a while!

Idiosynocracy

Took her on (possibly) one of the last rides I have on her in my hometown. If I can't find work up here then I will be moving to San Diego with my older brother.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Nothin... just rode to work. She is chillin in the parking lot.

latony007

I'm a bit confused. I don't wish to antagonize.. You are your own woman. You take no crap from anyone. Got that loud and clear.

Insult Yamaha? I'm afraid you lost me there.
I think she is refering to Yamaha making them change the site name or remove any form of logo from this site.

Well, today is a great day. Nothing to do with bikes for once. Wify is graduating today. That was 3 1/2 intense years but well worth it. Very proud of her.
Congrats Man!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

LS6TT

I got one for the geek here today. I was riding home and got rain on pretty good. My laptop was in my backpack... not turning on now! I pull the laptop out of the bag as soon as I got home, didn't seems soak or wet at all. And of course I haven't done a back up in 2-3 weeks...

When I turn it on it work for few second and shut down.
Get a trash bag and dump white rice in it then put the laptop in there. Remove the battery first. Make sure the whole unit is covered and leave it for a few hours.

buzzbomb

Elite Member