What did you do to your bike today?

If you keep your visor waxed all you need is one of these to wipe the bugs off.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/3M-9021-Lens-Cleaning-Cloth/dp/B00009PSZ2/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top]Amazon.com: 3M 9021 Lens Cleaning Cloth: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

So true, this time of year is just nasty down here. I was riding the other night and I don't even know how many saltwater mosquitoes I had to wash off my visor like a champ and it took me some time to clean the bike as well.

I got nailed with a big one right in the shoulder the other night, that thing stung like a champ for while, felt like I got hit with a paintball.

You what sucks - it's been so hot here I've been riding for a while with the shield up (I wear sunglasses) and I've gotten a few peg me in the face through the little opening. The air over the windshield is directed at the perfect height for that. Makes it hard to open the shield for a little fresh air.

Second day of "going to take the bike to work all week because it's finally sunny" -week. And yep, it's still hot... I am considering giving my jacket and pants a wash after this week. We'll see, maybe I should wait until the end of the season, as long as they don't start attracting flies... :)

I almost was going to have to take my husband's car on Friday to drop it off at a dealer for some work, but fortunately they had a cancellation and could take it in when he is able to do it. Yay! My week is still on! We'll see how the thunder showers develop for the rest of the week...

Windex wipes work great and leave minimal to zero streak marks if u wipe it down normally. Wetting the wipes further with water, however, -will- make it leave streak marks.

I just cut the wipes into 4ths and place a couple in a small/ medium zip lock sandwich bag under my cowl. Replace & replenish as needed.

Out in Southern California we get these big beetles that fly around, not to mention the huge moths we get as well. Had to pull over and wipe off my visor to get he dust from the moth off it! Got to my work, and used to watered down window cleaner to get the rest of the gunk off. Moths are not fun wheh they hit your bike and helmet.

I hear you on that one, I live in a very rural area in south florida and some of my trip to places I have to be on a regular have me crossing very near some swamp land and I get nailed with a lot swamp related bugs. Mostly it's the large stripped mosquitoes but there are also the cicada and those things are huge. About the size of 2 walnuts and they have a very hard exoskeleton. At certain times of year you don't want to ride late at night when they are breeding. They like to stay in the very secluded areas but when you travel areas like I do they tend to sometimes fly around and bam, it's a like a SOG. When they hit the windshield of my car it's an utter mess!

I hit one last season late at night on the bike at 65mph and I actually had a damn bruise. I know it was a cicada as when I pulled over it's head was still stuck to my jacket.

I don't have the moth issue but we have our own breeds of nasty bugs down here. During other parts of the year we get potato bugs that really love lights so they seem to flock to the street lights and also headlights, not as big as beetles but probably more disgusting as they just splatter everywhere.

600 Mile Oil Change

Did the first oil change today. Biggest problem was getting the factory filter off.
Finally resorted to the channel locks technique. I found if I took off the cowl and the metal strip that the bottom of the cowl attaches to, there was plenty of room to get the channel locks on and room to turn. Now have a K&N filter, so won't have to do that again. First oil change down, now can rev a little higher.

Did the first oil change today. Biggest problem was getting the factory filter off.
Finally resorted to the channel locks technique. I found if I took off the cowl and the metal strip that the bottom of the cowl attaches to, there was plenty of room to get the channel locks on and room to turn. Now have a K&N filter, so won't have to do that again. First oil change down, now can rev a little higher.
also went with the k&n filter...they do make it a challenge!!

Changed oil, adjusted chain, switched out the body. Heading to the track Saturday and Sunday. :Sport:

Bout ready to take her to Grandma's! Oh she hates my 6R with a passion. lol "You're gonna kill yourself and then who's going to be the one to make your parents proud? Your brothers are losers blah blah blah..." lol Oh grandma. She makes it a little difficult to pay my respects to my grandpa. : /

Third day of "going to take the bike to work all week because it's finally sunny" -week.

Finally cooler!

Hit 4000 miles just before getting home. Wohoo!

putnam
Jealous!!!! Must see pics. What track?
near Indianapolis

I've only been there once, but it had a great flow, and one long straightaway.
I hope to have pics up next week. :thumbup:

Back