What did you do to your bike today?

That's what I was thinking! I just didn't want to pretty much redo it! Just wasnt sure if there was another way. Thank you very much for the info!

I had a puig racing screen on before this...and that helped imensly in the tucked position...and was a little bit helpfull sitting upright.

I went with Marthy's cause I have been having trouble finding a touring screen.

Is he selling them on his site?

Yesterday I did the hour long freeway stretch to Irvine to visit my girlfriend at UCI. UC parking is ridiculous $14/24hr so I decided to try something new this time. With a little effort, we got the bike up an accessibility ramp, down a small hallway with a few sharp turns, and with some extreme leaning and a 13 point turn, we got it in the door of her apartment, and put it where the couch usually goes. With some fanning and febrezing the fumes quickly dispersed. Her roommates were pretty shocked to find a 6R where their couch usually was XD. The hard part, though, was today, trying to get it back out again. The hallway outside forms a T with the door to the apartment, and we spent about 20 minutes pulling it in and out of the door trying to find the right angle that we had fit it in the door initially. Eventually, we did it, but let's just say it wouldn't have been possible if I still had the stock turn signals.
After we got it out we went on a nice ride to the Laguna Beach area and found some really nice view points. Rode along side some other bikers. It was an amazing clear and hot day today. A few minutes into the ride we realized we both had the liners in our jackets and had to pull over to take them out because it was too hot otherwise. Anyways, we came back from our ride and said our goodbyes. The 6R handles so differently once the passenger gets off. So much more responsive. Did the ~60 mile stretch back to SD, and I've gotta say, I could ride our bike for hours and keep on riding it. The only thing that got uncomfortable was backpack. Thinking about getting some soft luggage so I can go on some longer trips without a backpack.

That was a little more lengthy than expected. TL/DR: I put about 150 miles on the bike and enjoyed the lovely weather.

Haha thats gold! I'd love to keep my bike inside.. But we've got alot of bikes between us at home so it would get pretty crowded :p

rode it on old high 94 and then up surise! :)

Back