Marthy Exhaust Group

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

Bert-Aus

...I haven't liked how any of the exhaust tips stick way out past the swing arm... and was hoping to have an exhaust outlet close to where the stock one is...
...The can almost touch the frame already...
My Viper is approx 5mm from the chasis cross member beneath the rear swing-arm and the tip of the Viper pokes out past the rear set about level with the bent corner in the rear brake lever.

IMHO no biggy to worry about

12fz6rblack

Can't wait to order mine by next week have been waiting months for this. Marthy please count me in for one of your danmoto exhausts! :)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

MiniMose

ditto... i am saving up for the DIY full kit... i want more than anything for my baby to roar. I am absofrigginlutely tired of people commenting on how quiet she is.

Ivan_13

My main question is whether we can use your DIY kit, and use any other aftermarket slip on? Or does it only accommodate the danmoto slip on you provide?

airwalk

Hi Marthy,

Newbie here so please excuse my limited understanding. Like many I am keen to resolve the meek exhaust note issue and after much searching I have only come across two viable options without necessarily having to go down the path of my own R&D; two bros or your Danmoto option. This one piece exhaust arrangement was not well thought out by Yamaha!

I'm very interested in obtaining a DIY kit (and possibly power commander)however still unsure on a few things;

1. On my exhaust I have an O2 sensor (Australian model). Does your kit have the appropriate fitting? I note from a pic I found of an OEM exhaust for sale on ebay in USA the O2 sensor position seems to be blanked (does USA model run an O2 sensor?)

2. Why does a DBK eliminate the need to run a power commander? Do I need a PC?

3. Will the mapping you have supplied for PC be compatible for Aus model (pending O2 sensor issue)

4. Can you provide more specific detail regarding what exactly I am up against should I attempt to tackle a DIY fitment. Ideally the how to guide; I searched your website however unable to find specific info regarding where to cut etc.

I am a little hesitant to start chopping up my original pipes as I don't want to be left with no ride for a significant period of time shipping to USA etc. Also open to the idea of potentially sourcing a second hand OEM system from the states at the right price that can be used to mod for your system.

Any assistance welcome :)

airwalk

Ok, so looking at this in more detail may have answered at least of my own questions. With my limited editing skills have found an image and marked up for reference. Can you please confirm that what I have referenced is correct.

As per the O2 sensor I couldn't find a good image from Australian spec bike however the blanked plug marked appears to be in the exact spot as per my exhaust.

I assume that if my references are correct there should be no issue with the O2 sensor. (It begs the question what two bros do on their system then to allow O2 sensor mount?)

FZ6R Exhaust OEM.jpg

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

indian9990

Dude I can't wait to get one but like someone else said..I'm in Colorado so I'm waiting till the winter months when I can't ride anymore to do any upgrades lol. Can't lose days of riding!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Rob

'Q'
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

heavychevy69

Hey everyone. I'm detuning the 6R just a little so my wife can learn. I will restric the exhaust a bit and I was wondering if one of you want to trade in airbox? Mune is all pimp up with heat reflective tape and aluminum tapper stacks. Just tye tape and stacks were together over $200!

First come first serve...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2
Mememememememe