Delkevic DS70 Carbon Fiber (with SS trim) 9” oval muffler with quieter baffle $210 buyer pays shipping

sti491

FOR SALE: $210 cash pick up in High Point, NC or, $210 with buyer paying for the item and shipping through PayPal.

I have a brand new, never mounted to a bike, still in factory plastic protective wrap, Delkevic DS70 Carbon Fiber (with SS trim) 9” oval muffler for sale. It’s a great slip on for any bike. It looks great and is very light compared to OEM mufflers. I think it’s the perfect fit to my FZ6R!

This muffler has Delkevic’s quieter baffle in it, that was installed by Delkevic. The baffle is removable. It is a gentle press fit on one end, and a bolt on the other. It is easy to remove and replace. It is normally purchased separately from the muffler cost. The standard baffle is shorter and perforated. This one is non-perforated and longer, extending inside into the mid-pipe at the slip on end. If you have a short system like I do, you can cut off as much of this baffle as needed with a hack saw. I cut about an inch off mine.. This one is new, as it comes from Delkevic.

The reason I have this for sale is that Delkevic provided it to me as a warranty replacement. But I was able to modify my current DS70 and baffle that had a problem, to get it to work very well.

It is exactly as Delkevic just shipped it to me. I only opened it to be sure it came through shipping OK, and to take pictures. If you need it shipped it will be in the exact same packaging that Delkevic used and as you see in the pictures. Buyer pays shipping.

It’s the muffler with the slip on clamp, which Delkevic beefed up with two screws instead of one like my 4 year old clamp, the muffler with the longer quieter baffle already installed, the rubber piece that goes under the SS mounting bracket, and the bracket. The bracket looks white in the pictures because it has a protective film on it that’s removed before installing.

One of the first major changes I did to my FZ6R was cutting off the cat, fabricating and welding a new very short collector and a slight angle to slip on a Delkevic DS70 9” carbon fiber muffler. Looks great, it is very light weight, and pretty darn loud with the standard factory baffle. I have had this set-up with the standard baffle in it on my bike for four years. I have put 10,000 miles on this set up. You can read my post in this forum on how it’s done. It is a “Marthy style” set up. I think it complements the bike really well. It looks as good now as the day I installed it.

Many people remove the baffle to get the loudest sound they can. After four years with the standard baffle, I was ready to quiet things down a little if I could. The tone is a bit deeper, lower, and more bass sounding than the standard baffle. It is still reasonably loud, but not obnoxious. I like it a lot more. The raspiness is gone. I noticed no performance difference switching baffles. Backfires and deceleration pops are nearly eliminated with the quieter baffle. The bike just runs and sounds much better. I wish I had done this a long time ago!

It is available to pick up in High Point, NC for $210 cash. I will ship it if buyer pays $210 plus shipping estimate. New, with this baffle it’s $246.98, that’s $263.65 with sales tax if purchased locally where I live.

If you are interested, please text me At 336-392-1484. I can text you a video of how it sounds and pics of the one I have on my bike. If you are a serious buyer that needs it shipped, tell me your zip code. I will get a shipping cost. I will only accept PayPal if I ship it to you.

Thank you for considering my sale.

FOR SALE: $210 cash pick up in High Point, NC or, $210 with buyer paying for the item and shipping through PayPal. 07DB0DA0-1D8A-4A12-95A9-CA44662B33A0.jpeg6AE31FE9-E9B0-4275-8CCD-43FBDEE0A08A.jpegCF7932CA-2FB8-41BD-96DA-8BAB7E091CA8.jpeg5B75CFB6-7390-49CA-84F2-2BABAE57450D.jpeg

sti491

Some pics how I fabricated my system using this can.7E3058A0-5694-42B6-9288-C98FB12C4B0D.jpegDAEB8CF9-58B2-4076-A713-539A895126AF.jpeg5847CB08-E12B-44A1-BA0A-95D5DE688744.jpeg627F2A63-5A5F-4947-BDDB-AFDF1EB01802.jpegBCE17B73-7A9B-4F76-B51E-BAE3CAB37742.jpeg