How long will you stay with your FZ6R?

For $75 you can have Spencer re-pad your stock seat. Looks the same, but much more comfy. Google Spencer's Seat Mod and check it out.

I will look into to that, if it really does make the seat more comfy for only $75 that's a deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Casey (aka) Hunter77!

Maybe you and Whatever can go down and get a bro-deal together...or not....or do....maybe....finalize it....then change your mind....then get a different bike....then not......! :D

The difference is...Im not joking.

I think I wouldnt complain beings their shop rate is most likely $90 an hour, they are doing you a favor. Im really suprised you held off on the exhaust. What your paying for the bike is because of A.) your area and B) Limited availability/stock versus demand so you really dont have much barter room. Bikes contrary to popular belief are actually pretty small profit margin for a dealer. They make their money on the uncrating fee's ect, not off the price of a bike. Their reserve is 250-1000 on average compared to 3,000 on a new car.

but either way your getting a great deal on a secks machine.

I'll keep my fz6r until I can afford a ducati diavel.

Saw one on the car-bike show in my town this past weekend and was LOVELY.

I'll probably end up keeping the 6R until it craps out many, many moons from now. What I *do* plan on adding to the stable is a cruiser decked out in full for touring. (i.e. luggage racks up the wazoo, hella comfy seats, etc.) 2 up riding on the Fazer? Fun, but it's not a full-on touring bike, as we all know. I'd love to be able to have the wifey (as she'll be in 2 weeks) hop on the back, put *all* our clothes and whatever else we've got packed in the racks, then ride off to Cali, Oregon, wherever.

But in the meantime, I <3 our bike. It's a heckuvalotta fun! :D

Just like most people here, I plan to keep the 6R until it can run no more! At that point, as much as I LOVE riding, I plan to get a car to be able to take my son anywhere and to be able to go grocery shopping at Costco.

6'4 205lbs... bored with the FZ6R about 6 months after I bought it. Granted I live in Southern CA with tons and tons of open, straight roads mostly dominated by GSX-R's and Hondas... so getting my doors blown kinda hurts the ego.

But luckley, I'm moving to Italy in July, and where I'll be living is 14% flat -- rest are twisties. So, this should re-vamp the love I have for the FZ6R.

But if you were to ask me today to go get a new bike? I would. I'd get the 848 Evo, or the new 1199.

/shrug I'm a Ducati Whore. Cant help it.

-X

I just recently went through some brainstorming about upgrading to a Daytona 675R.
After much debate I decided to just pay off the 6R and then get another bike and continue payments. It's too good of a value to sell. With this thinking-- I should be making payments for the rest of my life!:rolleyes:

Back