Hit some sand today :(

dx2killa

Was on a back rode just riding around was taking nice bend but i hit sand patch, rear end slid out was about to save it then I jumped a curb and into another one behind a shoppin center. I probably could of saved it after the curb jump but I panicked a little a just locked the rear and the bike slid into another curb on its side. Lucky I wasn't going faster or probably would have hit a parked truck. I got nice swelling on my legg and little rash on my arm but I was wearing a icon jacket . Hard to tell from picture but fair is scraped up from sliding. Glad I didn't get hurt bad

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

dx2killa

man that sucks, but glad you're ok. Sand/gravel just can be anywhere and it doesn't matter how slow you're going, if it sneaks up on you and you can't stand her up it's going to be tricky...

You going to rebuild her or trade up?
I dont know. Will have to see what the adjuster says in few days. I'm still paying on it but I've got GAP and the works so who knows.

BKP

Real sorry about the off... glad you weren't hurt...
Time and insurance cures all...

Brock Kickass

Sucks. Glad to hear only replaceables were damaged badly. Heal up, fix up, and ride on. Dwelling on it will just make it sting worse and longer. I sincerely don't mean that to be harsh; I would be devastated if I dropped my bike, but lamenting it won't reverse the events that lead up to it, so fix it and ride on. I'm glad to hear you weren't hurt badly.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

dx2killa

I was wearing a jacket and nicely protected gloves. Everything is fine and did its job. Thanks every one. Taking this as it is a moving on once find out what's gonna happen with the bike I'll keep an update

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Glad you're OK first! Sorry to see the bike busted up but that can be fixed or replaced... You? Not so much! ;)

I hit sand two years ago but the axle and frame sliders saved me a ton of damage.

Nice to know you bought the GAP insurance too. Smart move when you finance most of the cost of a bike!

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

Ouch & Yowsers!
Great you are ok after this..:thumbup:

If it was in Aus, that bike looks like a write off...Good Luck hope the insurance helps you out:eek:

Detrich

Ouch. :( Sorry to hear about the mishap.

Looks like the right frame slider popped clean off too. Hope the insurance estimate isn't too bad. Looking at the photo damage am guestimating around $2.5K or so? If the tank is damaged then possibly more, I'm afraid.

Accidents happen, and it's difficult to recover from mishap once something goes awry. The good thing is that u weren't seriously hurt. Speedy recovery and keep us posted on how the insurance goes...

JoJoJodyJo

Oh man, that sucks. So sorry to hear that, but glad you're okay. That's all that really matters.

dx2killa

Ouch. :( Sorry to hear about the mishap.

Looks like the right frame slider popped clean off too. Hope the insurance estimate isn't too bad. Looking at the photo damage am guestimating around $2.5K or so? If the tank is damaged then possibly more, I'm afraid.

Accidents happen, and it's difficult to recover from mishap once something goes awry. The good thing is that u weren't seriously hurt. Speedy recovery and keep us posted on how the insurance goes...

The tank is dented in lots of little things bent up as well that you cant see from the pictures. Call from an adjuster today or tomorrow.

roundhouse

I was wearing a jacket and nicely protected gloves. Everything is fine and did its job. Thanks every one. Taking this as it is a moving on once find out what's gonna happen with the bike I'll keep an update
glad you were geared up. as bad as it sucks keep telling yourself it could have been a lot worse.

SpawnXX

Premium Member

dx2killa

Clutching my car was little of a chore this mornin haha! Have nice knot on my shin and boy when I put some weight on it does it throb!