Hit some sand today :(

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

dx2killa

Bikes looking closer to a total loss now. There was frame damage by the tank that we didn't see. He told me himself its very likely to be totaled

linkgt

Bikes looking closer to a total loss now. There was frame damage by the tank that we didn't see. He told me himself its very likely to be totaled
Damn, that sucks man. I've hit sand once, luckily I didnt fall but man was it scary.

Obviously it's too late, but for the future, you may want to look at riding boots and knee protectors to protect your legs as well. I was in an accident last year too. It was minor, but I fell off my bike, had my knee armor on and was glad I did. Unfortunately I didnt have boots at the time and even though it was a very slow crash (10 mph) my foot was hurting for days...

Last edited:

dx2killa

Totaled. Now I think about it may not even be able to get insured for another bike again because I have an at fault accident in my car 2 years ago and now this.. Made my day!

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

dx2killa

I have rider actually. I went to go requote for a new bike i was looking at (just for testing purposes) but this time i entered that I had 2 accidents within 3 years, and they denied me.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

dx2killa

I was riding this last friday after I got off work and hit some sand also. I was turning a corner from a main road w/ 60mph speed limit, slowed down to about 30 to take the turn. Right before I saw a bunch of rocks in the road where I wanted to go mid corner and tapped the rear brake to slow a little more w/o upsetting stability. Then mid corner I feel my front and rear tires begin to squirm a bit and felt the bike sliding. BOY did my heart jump and cheeks pucker! :D Remembered MSF and all my reading though and kept steady on throttle and the controls.
That was me I actually righted the bike when it was almost down but.. when i was righted and going straight I couldnt avoid a curb median. When I hopped that the rear locked and then i lost it from there into another small median :/ . I have to say if I had more room I probably could have stoped / maneuvered away.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member