FZ6R TBR exhaust group buy...

Hey robert, i did weigh the stock system last nite, it came in at 19 to 20 pounds. The fedex shipping label on the box said 12 pounds. I wish i would have weighed the tb system before i put it on, maybe one of you guys can. I figure the tb system is probably 10 to 11 pounds.
As for the power commander, it may need one, but it seems to run great without it, i may grab one in the future.

Does anyone know if you have to get a power commander with the correct mapping in order for the exhaust to work properly or can you just slap the new exhaust on there and take off?

What you can do to aid in "remapping" the stock ECU setting is to unplug the battery while you do the install. This will reset the ECU. Then once you finish, hook everything back up and ride it around. The ECU should automatically readjust the fuel map for the exhaust.

If you buy an aftermarket air filter though, I would highly recommend a power commander or a juice box.

FZ1 reminded me, the center stand brackets are down there, but weather the tb muffler opens up enough room is up for debate.
I am not going to do a centerstand rite now. Dont want the extra weight and bulk.

Hey robert, i did weigh the stock system last nite, it came in at 19 to 20 pounds. The fedex shipping label on the box said 12 pounds. I wish i would have weighed the tb system before i put it on, maybe one of you guys can. I figure the tb system is probably 10 to 11 pounds.
As for the power commander, it may need one, but it seems to run great without it, i may grab one in the future.

Awesome! I figured the weight difference would be in the neighborhood of 8 pounds. :thumbup:

Now you need to synch your throttle bodies, and she'll run like a champ.

And robert, forgot to answer your other question, all i hear is the exhaust, no engine noises. Lol it's sweet. :) also a little backfiring popping during downshifting adds a little extra spice... ;)

FZ1 reminded me, the center stand brackets are down there, but weather the tb muffler opens up enough room is up for debate.
I am not going to do a centerstand rite now. Dont want the extra weight and bulk.

I don't blame you and you did get the paddock stand anyway, right?

I was thinking about it for the wife's R... just buy the stand and only hang it there with the pins when I want to work in the bike... but after seeing the cost on the UK site just now, couple that with the exchange rate and shipping, and I can buy a set of paddock stands to lift her entire bike. So... scratch the "who's 1st" on the center stand. ;)

Yea, i got the stand that another poster had a pic of in another post. It was 40 bucks from harbor freight. It works great! And was cheap to boot. :)

I hate waiting! My box has been sitting in Ft. Worth, Texas for 30 hours now!! My expected delivery is not until Tuesday. :spank: I'm only 8.5 hours from where they sent the exhausts from. What a bunch of BS. :rolleyes:

Quick correction here, it was actually cbzdel that had the post about the harbor freight stand. My bad.

If anyone is still interested in the TBR exhaust, Nate just informed me that he has 4 more systems coming on Thursday. Give him a call and buy one! :rockon:

WOOT! I got my TBR exhaust and got it installed today! :rockon:

The sound is amazing! I love the low/deep note from the pipe. And blaxx was right, it is freaking loud (but not obnoxious)! :thumbup:

Blaxx, I have a question for you. How much does it cackle and backfire when you let off the throttle? Mine seemed to talk back quite a bit. However, this may be a result of forgetting to put the header gasket on the #2 header when I put it all back together. :spank: :rolleyes: I'll put the gasket in tomorrow morning and see if that changes anything.

Robert, happy to hear you got the exhaust on! :)
As far as the popping on decelleration, i get a lot of that too, so i doubt it's because you forgot the gasket. Sounds like someone got in a little too big of a hurry. Lol. :)
Well, i hope you enjoy as much as i have, and dont forget to wear ear plugs if possible, otherwise you may loose some hearing. Lol
Also post up some vids if you can. :)

Robert, happy to hear you got the exhaust on! :)
As far as the popping on decelleration, i get a lot of that too, so i doubt it's because you forgot the gasket. Sounds like someone got in a little too big of a hurry. Lol. :)
Well, i hope you enjoy as much as i have, and dont forget to wear ear plugs if possible, otherwise you may loose some hearing. Lol
Also post up some vids if you can. :)

Yeah, I was in a slight hurry. :rolleyes: My wife knew I had been in charge of organizing the group buy but didn't know I was buying as well. She had an appointment to talk to someone about doing their photoshoot. So, I thought I could get it all done before she got home. Turns out that the gasket must have slid off when I removed the stockers. It rolled all the way across the garage floor and was hiding under my work bench. If I hadn't lost the gasket, I would have finished the install in under 2 hours.

I rode it just a bit after getting it installed (minus a gasket, lol), and the butt dyno approves!! :rockon: I rolled on the throttle hard one time and took off like a rocket. Nearly redlined it and was doing 85 before I knew it (on the interstate, of course). After I get it all buttoned up, it is going to be sooo much fun!

I will get some videos up as soon as I can. I might convince my wife to use her good camera to film the action.

One thing that amazes me is how tiny the outlet pipe is on the stock muffler, now that i have something to compare it too. Did you notice that too robert?

OMG i cant wait mine will be in thursday im dieing to hear this bad boy. i had to go to mobile today to pick some things up and on my way out i saw two bikes pull in well they where the first 2 fz6r bikes i have seen since i bought mine like almost 4 months ago. just wondering how far is every one on millage wise on there bikes im at about 1700 miles. whats yours???

nate

Did any of you order the silencer attachment for the exhaust system? I did just so I can try it on and off since it's an easy swappable part.

I didn't know a silencer part existed. I'm gonna have to look it up, unless you have a link MNDZA?

Back