Question Tune Options for LeoVince Underbody

Tilio

Hello all,

New to the forum, been riding my FZ6R for two years now, and looking to finally get a new exhaust for a better sound track. Since I already have a SW Motech center stand installed, I finally selected the LeoVince system for its near factory configuration (not a fan of the side mounted muffler of the Delkevic systems) and what seems to be good build quality.
Several questions I have:
1. I currently run a K&N filter without any tune. The bike runs OK without any issue.
2. On the LeoVince website, they did describe the product as compatible with factory fuel settings, and a tune is not mandatory. That said, I understand that the new exhaust with K&N filter is going to cause the engine to run lean. I am just not sure whether the factory fuel map is conservative enough to compensate for this drop in fuel-air ratio.
3. Dyno tuning in my area is quite expensive, and the price of exhaust + power commander + tuning is not worth it for me. So ideally I would like to use an off-the-shelf map that I can install myself.
4. I am really not looking to make more power, so any tuning is going to be ensuring usability. Would like to keep using 87 gas as well considering the gas prices these days.
5. I am in the US so my bike does not have a O2 sensor. Any chance I can install one and turn the system into a closed loop so I wouldn't need a remap?

Thanks in advance for your help. : )

I put a LeoVince system on my 2014 FZ6R a couple years ago and absolutely love the clean look and the way it sounds. Unfortunately, I won't be any help answering your questions because I had a power commander installed and got it dyno tuned at the same time soon after installing the exhaust. I also run an OEM filter, so hard to compare my experience. A couple things from my experience that may or may not help in any way...the bike seemed to run fine before I had the power commander and dyno tune done, but there was significant popping when decelerating. When the guys installed the power commander and did the dyno tuning, they installed a block-off plate to restrict the air intake, which stopped the popping. The second thing I'll mention, related to the exhaust system itself, is that the plug LeoVince provides to use on bikes without a CO2 sensor didn't fit because the threads on the plug were bad. They sent me a replacement plug and the threads were bad on that one as well. Fortunately, I had a die the right size so I just chased the threads to clean them up and then it went in fine. Anyway, I hope you get the answers you need. Good luck.

One more thing I forgot to mention...I know for a fact that the LeoVince system works with the OEM center stand because I have one on my bike. If you haven't done so already, you may want to confirm the SW Motech center stand will also work with the LeoVince system. I have no idea if the OEM and SW Motech center stands are identical or if there are differences that may cause fitment problems with the LeoVince system. Just a thought...

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member