FZ6R TBR exhaust group buy...

B

blaxx

Congrats MNDZA! I was going to grab a p-tip until i started reading stuff guys wrote about the ones they got and they were saying it did not do much for reducing the db's, so i chose not to bother with it. Just passing the info on to you, and if you have good results with it, would you let us know? Thanks, and enjoy, maybe post a youtube vid of it. :)

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Instead of the P1 tip, pick up the P4 tip. Many people have said the P1 does nothing but deepen the tone and not decrease the volume. Whereas, the P4 tip seems to do both.

As a side question...
Can I put the high-temp silicone around the headers? I seem to be getting some leaking by header 2 I believe. I have tightened the header bolts fairly tight, but not overly tight. It is only audible at speeds below 35 mph, but it's annoying.

MNDZA

Instead of the P1 tip, pick up the P4 tip. Many people have said the P1 does nothing but deepen the tone and not decrease the volume. Whereas, the P4 tip seems to do both.

As a side question...
Can I put the high-temp silicone around the headers? I seem to be getting some leaking by header 2 I believe. I have tightened the header bolts fairly tight, but not overly tight. It is only audible at speeds below 35 mph, but it's annoying.
What does it sound like? I'm not sure if mine is leaking...might be the engine sounds?
And also....is it okay that I tightened the **** out of the header bolts?

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
This is going to look funny typed out, but it sounds like a rapid "cak cak cak cak." I'm pretty sure it's coming from header #2.

The problems I see from over tightening the header bolts/nuts is that 1) you could strip the bolts/nuts, 2) you could tighten them so far that if/when they need to be removed that you would remove the studs from the engine and not just the nuts and 3) you could tighten them so tight that it stresses the flanges or the headers and cause them damage.

MNDZA

I'll check when I get home, but I might be hearing that same sound. As far as overtightening....I think I'll leave it on....the orange bracket things are kinda curvy looking from how tight they are and maybe loosening them will create an exhaust leak.

V

vdbergj1

@ LAST MNDZA, you waited so long - glad for you. :thumbup: Now for the photo's and some sound stuff please.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member

jersy19

thanks, just got my bike yesterday and ordered a FE and led turns and flush turns. going to try the airbox mod next week for alil sound, im not used to a quiet bike

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I'll check when I get home, but I might be hearing that same sound. As far as overtightening....I think I'll leave it on....the orange bracket things are kinda curvy looking from how tight they are and maybe loosening them will create an exhaust leak.
So, I watched the youtube video that unleased posted, and at the very end, I hear the same sound from his exhaust that I hear from mine. Guess it is a universal sound for this system. :don'tknow:

unleased1287

what video is that one 99 cause if its the before and after exhaust one at the end of that one i had the exhaust leak took about another 1/2 on all nuts to make it go away. i think with the money we spent and gettting a full race exhaust that it should of came with new head gaskets but thats just me lol.

nate

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
what video is that one 99 cause if its the before and after exhaust one at the end of that one i had the exhaust leak took about another 1/2 on all nuts to make it go away. i think with the money we spent and gettting a full race exhaust that it should of came with new head gaskets but thats just me lol.

nate
Yeah, that is the exact video I am talking about. I guess I just need to really torque the header bolts down. I'm just worried about over-tightening.

unleased1287

yea i was too but it had to be tightened to stop it just turn them really slowly dont jerk tightening it if that means anything. just tighten them slowly. thats all u can really do. like i said they should of also put new head gaskets in with the kit. u still hear the valves alot but that is the way yamaha is.

So, I received my Power Commander today.............but still waiting on my TBR! I'm tired of waiting! They said it would be another week and a half! I'm about to swim from here to California to get it myself! F@#%!!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
So, I received my Power Commander today.............but still waiting on my TBR! I'm tired of waiting! They said it would be another week and a half! I'm about to swim from here to California to get it myself! F@#%!!
That's how it was for us in the group buy, and we were the first to receive ANY of the TBR systems. Your time will come, when the tracking says delivered and you are at work, and you will come up with any excuse to go home and get it installed!! :D

For the PCV, did you get it mapped specifically for the FZ6R and TBR setup, or will you do custom mapping? Also, did you purchase the Auto-tune unit as well, or are you going to get it dyno-tuned?

Let us know what you think of the PCV! :thumbup:

That's how it was for us in the group buy, and we were the first to receive ANY of the TBR systems. Your time will come, when the tracking says delivered and you are at work, and you will come up with any excuse to go home and get it installed!! :D

For the PCV, did you get it mapped specifically for the FZ6R and TBR setup, or will you do custom mapping? Also, did you purchase the Auto-tune unit as well, or are you going to get it dyno-tuned?

Let us know what you think of the PCV! :thumbup:
I think I might just go AWOL if I find out my exhaust is here! Has to be done! So, I'm going to get it mapped specifically for the FZ6R and TBR setup, that just seems like the better choice to me! I was thinking about getting an Auto Tuner, but I will probable wait awhile sense I'm going to get it Dyno-Tuned! Will keep you informed on the PCV!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member

cbelar

i should of bought my bike abit sooner. that's cool, i know i'll be getting it sometime in the future. thanks

M3Sharif

Now that you guys have had the exhausts on for a while any noticeable performance gains??? Can you really feel those extra 5 horses?