Woodcraft clip on handlebar mod

bro_paul

Did y'all have to tap/drill the Woodcraft bars to mimic these holes? I think they're there as a "stopper," which a plastic "tit" fits in to prevent rotation of the horn/blinker and killswitch/starter assemblies.

There is another thread about the FZ1 bar swap. Seems most just slice the "tit" us you put it off. Look at fz1 bar thread around post #47.

PudNut

I may be looking into this mod. For those who have this mod, is there a significant difference in riding position? I have seen pics of them, but I cannot determine if the riding position is the same as stocks or slightly aggressive.

I have ridden a couple SS like a zx6r's and gsxr's. I have a buddy who has an fz07 who has some woodcraft clip ons that had pretty similar riding positions as stated above SS. I do want more of an aggressive position. If anyone has some pictures of a before and after of riding positions that would awesome! :D

bro_paul

I may be looking into this mod. For those who have this mod, is there a significant difference in riding position? I have seen pics of them, but I cannot determine if the riding position is the same as stocks or slightly aggressive.

I have ridden a couple SS like a zx6r's and gsxr's. I have a buddy who has an fz07 who has some woodcraft clip ons that had pretty similar riding positions as stated above SS. I do want more of an aggressive position. If anyone has some pictures of a before and after of riding positions that would awesome! :D
Go to google and type in "fz6r woodcraft cilp ons" the very first result will be a thread on here where all your questions and more will be answered by Scott_Thomas.

Also google "Fz1 Handlebars=Agressive OEM Fit" heaps of good info on bar swaps in that one too.

The search on here sucks. But google fz6r anything and usually it's first result is a thread on here.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Timtootintiger

Hey guys, just gonna bump this thread, I just did this WC mod on my 2012 fz6r. Im currently clearing lock to lock, but my clutch and brake leavers are tilted way high up. Did I do something wrong on the install?

Midori

With the bike in pieces for radiator, spark plug, and fork maintenance I figured it's time to try this out & just ordered a set. Beyond the recommendation of getting a new left grip, any recommendations or advice you can give?

Thanks!

Half-Click Up

With the bike in pieces for radiator, spark plug, and fork maintenance I figured it's time to try this out & just ordered a set. Beyond the recommendation of getting a new left grip, any recommendations or advice you can give?

Thanks!
I can tell you I didn't get new grips... just measured and drilled the control holes to match what was on the factory bars and then swapped all the factory stuff over to the Woodcraft bars. Just be sure to take your time; measure twice and drill once.

Half-Click Up

Yeah the fairings in the pictures here
Could you post a pic of your entire cockpit from above? I'm curious as to your clip-on orientation with the wheel straightened.

**EDIT
Actually, n/m... looking at your pics again, I see what you have going on. You didn't do anything wrong. My levers hit at that same point on the fairings, but the bars are only like a half inch from achieving full lock, so I don't worry about it. It's fine to lower the levers back down to mimic the factory look. It doesn't even really affect tight parking space maneuvering that badly, but just be aware of tight left-hand maneuvers and understand that you may inadvertently brake when scooting around tight quarters. You get used to it. The only fix would be a 2'' riser kit.

Last edited:

Timtootintiger

It wont let me upload a full cockpit pic cause the file is too large, but yeah exactly as you said, my mechanic and i decided that the best solution would be to just buy the 2"/2.5" risers for better clutch/brake lever ergos.
Thanks for the reply though!

Half-Click Up

It wont let me upload a full cockpit pic cause the file is too large, but yeah exactly as you said, my mechanic and i decided that the best solution would be to just buy the 2"/2.5" risers for better clutch/brake lever ergos.
Thanks for the reply though!
Cool, I haven't seen a Fizzer running that riser height, be sure to post pics when you're done.