What do you drive when your not riding?

Malicioso

Here is my other beast :)

1993 Nissan Pulsar GTIR

And I have just recently purchased this....

Series 2 Mazda RX7, which will be the base of my race car project ;)

Botty12

Not that CA the California CA LOL, the one with too much traffic.
I knew it was California lol, I just didn't know if you lived near the mountains.

Traffic does suck with standard, but luckily I have long drives with smooth sailings most times.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Zgovitz

This is my year round car. This was taken when I first got it. Quite customized now though, just like my 6'er. Been in the ditch twice now, luckily not even a scratch

Attachments

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

FastFreddy

I sold my 180SX and bought a 2nd hand(140k km) 2007 PJ Ford Ranger (3.0L turbo common rail diesel, 4x4) for around ~18.5 k with rego.

The Ranger ticks along nicely on the freeway, is good for towing and goes offroad, and its not too big, so the fuel bills are good. I'm very happy with it.

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

FastFreddy

There's the 180SX I sold and the Ranger moving an old caravan.
I took the lights off the roof.

I remember a ghost rider came right up behind me one day when I was going North of Nabiac in the 180SX one day. I forgot about it, then there was a story in the paper about how Newcastle teens were driving near there late at night and at speed to make the ghost appear. The headlight comes right up behind the rear window, then its like he goes superclose and lifts up a bit to shine right into your car and you can hear this god-awful loud revving like an old air cooled superbike engine, then the light and sound disappears and you look back and see a red light turning off. The bike jumps up on you like a cat stalking or he was time shifting, by the time you start to freak out you then hear the loud revving, then as you are fully freaking out as if a rider has hit you from behind, then it suddenly goes, then you see the red light. My girlfriend at the time didn't believe me later on when I arrived, so I forgot about it.

My favourite time in the 180SX was at Eastern Creek following a 440kW turbo Falcon with the stage 4 kit that wouldn't let me thru, I was getting up to 245 km/h down the straight some laps. He'd take off at the start of the straight (he said something about a speed limiter still on the flash), then I'd catch him by the end of the straight, then he'd be holding me up and blocking the rest of the time. He had a good sook afterwards too.

Attachments

Last edited:

Botty12

Well, here's what I'll be driving this summer instead of riding...

1990 F150. Nothin special other than the standard paint flecking and chipping off which was normal for those years. Replaced the rusty rims with some cheap steelies for it with a bit beefier tires...other than that it's stock lol.

But I will say it boasts electronic fuel injection, overdrive, and a cassette player. Enough accessories to make anybody drool lol ;) Don't need any other fancy jazzy flashy stuff. Although 4x4 would have been nice.

Attachments

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member