What did you do to your bike today?

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

Do you guys have to discuss this on two separate threads?

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Andy

Almost ready for Spring

Got my new rear Q3 mounted and installed new chain and sprockets. Still have to clean her up and change oil. Hit 60's this week and back to snow and cold next week. Went with Jt sprockets, went up one tooth on rear.

The 520vx2 from DID came with clip type master link which I installed correctly, but even DID box says they recomend rivit type master link. Anyone ever see clip type fail? I dont want to be stranded.

The side plate is a press fit, saw coments on reviews where people said they had to drill out side plate to make work...fail waiting to happen. :facepalm:

Attachments

daddyrack

Premium Member

Bert-Aus

I vote you start a oil thread, I plan to change my oil tommorrow seriously.Has anyone compared oil on a dyno before I make a choice?

LOL! I use Mobil 1 4t Race Synthetic. I like it, but it's pricey.
So long as you arent post whoring, at least keep it entertaining:p

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Andy

Clip type master link

The 2 clips i had snap in pretty damn tight too. Now as for the drill out the the side plate im just assuming they didnt have a chain press because they can be very tight going on.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response. For sure no need to drill out side plate, anyone that did wasted the masterlink and needs to replace it. I was able to use chanel locks and a small 1/4 drive socket to position / press side plate and install clip with needle nose. clip is stout.

RyanChristenson

Winter projects are done. Flushies, fender eliminator, frame sliders, led strips in fake air intakes, and garage door opener button installed. Now need weather to be able to ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jfont

Took out my girlfriend for the first time this weekend. She enjoyed it. Wanted to go again the next day also so all is well! Gave the bike a bath afterward.

Attachments

VRIIClubby

I finally got a phone mount for my bike today, really got off my arse and got it as I have the Sena SMH10 on its way so was getting prepared :D:D

I run the lifeproof case for the iPhone 5 due to my work, the case is one of the best I have ever had, waterproof, dropped it from a variety of stupid heights and no issues.

So I thought I would have a crack of their bike mount.

pretty happy with it, solid design with a lock on it to stop the phone coming out. When I filmed a video it was VERY shaky due to the vibrations at certain RPM's but it wasn't tightened all the way so I'll see how it goes with some more use.

VRIIClubby

Does that lock onto the phone or just the case ?
the phone is locked in the case to begin with, its a sealed unit, there is no way that the phone will come out of the case without you using a screwdriver or coin on the edge.

The holder than locks onto that case.

Last edited:

arqlrg

I just Installed a K&N Air filter, could not take it for a ride to test it because bad weather, but I'll wait for it to be dry.
Yesterday did a 220 km ride with a couple of friends to a Mexican Arqueological area called "Malinalco"
Cheers!

gibbo

Washed it and did a chain clean and lube yesterday then it rained today so it's dirty again.

Also bought new boots.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk