What did you do to your bike today?

linkgt

I got alot of posting to catch up on!

Almost died Day before yesterday on my way home from work. When I left work I turned left, followed the road to the first stop light. Honda CRV full of teenagers pulls up behind me, I see them looking at me, pointing, oohh ahhhing at my bike and all that usual jazz you get from kids that age. We go through two more stop lights and they are still behind me. I hear yelling all the sudden, Look in my mirror don't see anything. Then I hear a beep, look in my mirror again and realize it's the teens yelling at me. So I get off my bike (this lights on a 5 minute timer at rush hour, yes it sucks) and go back to the car, ask the driver what he wanted, He says they want me to do a wheelie, Of course I'm not dumb enough to do that in the middle of traffic at rush hour LOL, so I just said sorry bud not today and went back to my bike and waited the light out. I make my left turn, they follow suit, I'm behind two other cars, then it's the kids behind me still coming down a hill in a 45 MPH zone, theres a turn off at the bottom of the hill, the car in front signals they are going to turn so they signal. I slow and so does the car in front of me, but the kids don't see it, I hear screaching tires and use my escape route to the left of the car in front of me and evade the situation. I look back and see the kids stopped about 3 inches from the car that was in front of me's bumper! :eek:

That was a close one! before careful brah, glad you avoided a rear end.

Anyway i'm probably gonna clean my bike and chain saturday. thing is dirty and spotty from riding in foggy/humid condition last week.

buzzbomb

Elite Member

Flipflash

Elite Member
Last edited:

Andy

What did your oil look like when you changed it? The PO of my bike said she had the recommended services done, and I chose to believe her. But she had no records. They were "in storage" with the owner's manual. All of which she said she'd mail, none of which have I seen.

When I bought the bike, the oil was pretty clear, like it had been recently changed. When I checked it today, (just over one month and 1600 miles later) it is significantly darker. Once again, like it was new oil when I bought it. And that's good. But I understand the "original" oil in this bike is not normal oil and I've no idea what it should look like.

When you changed your oil, what did it look like? Dark? Light? Shiny little bits? Just curious.
It was a weird color. It had a suspended metal / aluminum look to it. You can tell the difference between break in oil and regular oil. I think you are good to go.

Andy

Finally finished the 8k service on my bike today. Inhaled a few too many fumes though and had to take a breather. So from Saturday: nearly every fairing but the forward one removed; oil, oil filter, and spark plugs changed; air filter checked. From today: idle adjusted, throttle bodies synced, idle re-adjusted, clutch and throttle free play checked, cables lubed, pivot points greased, brake pads checked, brake fluid checked, coolant checked, bike put back together with no missing or "left-over" bolts :thumbup:, bike cleaned, chain lubed. All in all, it was a fun experience getting the bike a full look over.

That seems steep. I paid $21 for a gallon of Yamalube and $15 for a K&N oil filter.
Yeah I thought that was real steep. I got there just before closing. Didn't see the oil recomended in owners manual. So picked up the sport bike kit. It listed fz6 on models coverd. Includes 4 qts. Yamalube performance full-syn 15W-50, oil filter, and new washer for drain plug. Not much of a value pack. I just wanted oil change so I could ride to work again today before rain moves in. I was really suprised Chain adjustment was still in spec. I have been fairly nice to her so far.

b_who

cleaned and lubed the chain ;)

bmw675

looked at her sitting in the corner all neglected. Oh how I wish I had the time to ride. :(

On the bright side, I bought an enclosed trailer today to haul it to track days.

CrazyCawi

how do you have the time to type but not ride might I ask the all great and wise BMW man?

Queen

looked at her sitting in the corner all neglected. Oh how I wish I had the time to ride. :(

On the bright side, I bought an enclosed trailer today to haul it to track days.
It's 82 degrees today, hope you get out for a ride!

bmw675

Off to work in an hour.

Brock Kickass

I sold it. Just popped the top of the shipping crate on my FZ1 at the dealership. Going to miss that bike, it was excellent in every way. 20 000 very happy kilometers on that bike. I hope nobody local buys it; I don't know if I'll be able to look at someone else riding it.

JSP

Super Moderator

JSP

Super Moderator
SIR.... that sounds good. Or maybe Emperor... Yeah, now THAT sounds good!

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member
Last edited:

iSpoolin

Hopefully installing my new Manual Cam Chain Tensioner so I can actually ride my bike :'( Also installing my LED corner lights since I just realized the other day I didn't put any back in after I painted my headlights LOL