Retro Fit kit

iSpoolin

Aw man that car is beggin for a retrofit! You ever thought about some HID's and projectors? I have the FX-R's on the cam and I can't imagine it without em! Nice car tho
Funny that you ask haha, I just finished my new retrofits the other day LOL

I'm going a different path with the car, I have new wheels, tow hooks, CF Trunk, White front lip, white caliper paint and of course my Retros awaiting the warm weather haha

(Before Lenses)

Theres my retros

Last edited:

Chaphil3

Funny that you ask haha, I just finished my new retrofits the other day LOL

I'm going a different path with the car, I have new wheels, tow hooks, CF Trunk, White front lip, white caliper paint and of course my Retros awaiting the warm weather haha

(Before Lenses)

Theres my retros

Nice! What projectors you got there? looks like retrofitsource gatling shrouds (or maybe apollo?). I would love to see the finished project (even tho this is a motorcycle forum lol) and some cutoff pics!

iSpoolin

Nice! What projectors you got there? looks like retrofitsource gatling shrouds (or maybe apollo?). I would love to see the finished project (even tho this is a motorcycle forum lol) and some cutoff pics!
Yeah its the gatling shround and I don't remember the projector haha, Q45 or something like that I bought them off a member on Cobaltss.net.

Yeah i PLAN to install them this weekend, but It depends on if rain stays out of the forecast lol when I get it done i'll PM you some pics

Chaphil3

Yeah its the gatling shround and I don't remember the projector haha, Q45 or something like that I bought them off a member on Cobaltss.net.

Yeah i PLAN to install them this weekend, but It depends on if rain stays out of the forecast lol when I get it done i'll PM you some pics
Cool, good luck!

cavcuz05

Nice man...i plan i rattle canning my shroad like i did on my GTI...i think this retro fit kit is going to be sweet...i have the DIY coming along...just waiting on the parts

iSpoolin

Nice man...i plan i rattle canning my shroad like i did on my GTI...i think this retro fit kit is going to be sweet...i have the DIY coming along...just waiting on the parts
Yeah man thats all the balts are is rattle can, 2 coats of paint with 1 coat of clear. Retros are simple, just takes patience.

I just honestly don't know how i'm gonna feel about it on a 6R :confused:

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

iSpoolin

Just wait until you see mine....
Im trying to picture what your gonna do in my head haha, im guessing projector in the middle with leds all the way around?

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Chaphil3

No, there will be LED's in there, but not around the projector. Let's just say the design will be just like me.
I have a pretty good idea bc I'm still thinking about doing something similar ;)

CrazyCawi

post pics....fast....please :) I am eagerly awaiting, Plus Im eagerly awaiting how difficult the retro is for a noob modder!?!?!

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

You should have gotten in on the group buy, it would have made it cheaper for you and all of us! From what I understand, it isn't difficult at all. Simple wiring, and getting the headlight open shouldn't be difficult, just time consuming. I am definitely excited to reveal my retrofit, because I have a cool idea, and it is going to be very unique...
I still can get in on the group buy cant I? :eek:

iSpoolin

You should have gotten in on the group buy, it would have made it cheaper for you and all of us! From what I understand, it isn't difficult at all. Simple wiring, and getting the headlight open shouldn't be difficult, just time consuming. I am definitely excited to reveal my retrofit, because I have a cool idea, and it is going to be very unique...
Opening headlights = putting them in the oven at 250* F for 10 minutes then pulling them apart, its super simple.

CrazyCawi

I talked to him friday and he said they were.

Chaphil3

Better get a call in to Nate to get that on order. That was a week ago. Super cool guy to deal with, hope you can get in!!!
Hmmm, how many do we have now Cavcuz? Do I smell price drop?