Retro Fit kit

cavcuz05

UPDATED

GENERAL INSTALL
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?36643-How-to-Mount-Morimoto-Mini-D2S-Bi-xenon-projectors

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?38222-How-To-Install-Morimoto-Stage-II-D2S-Kit

OUTPUT PICS

http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/album.php?albumid=225

Hey Scott,

Talked to the manufacture and they say its not a problem on the harnesses, just be advised that there is no real way for us to quote time on a custom job like this so it could be 2+ weeks from when we place the order (we usually see stuff in 10-14 days). Otherwise if you can get 5 people together for this we can do the entire kit as listed below for $125 shipped to anywhere in the US.
FZ6R Kit:
Single Morimoto Mini D2S Projector
Single Morimoto 3Five Digital Ballast
Single Morimoto 3Five D2S Bulb
Single Shroud (E46-R, E46-R Ext, Gatling 2.0, GTI-R, Apollo, Ocular) I think that Ocular would be really nice in these headlights
H4 relay wire harness with 3.5Ft power lead

Let me know if you think that you can get 5 people in on this, if it turns out there are less let me know and we can still get you a discount on the kit for sure!

Thanks Scott,

Nate @ TRS[/code]The Retrofit Source online: headlight upgrades for all applications

Last edited:

cavcuz05

Sure, what they hell, I am down. I would like to find an extra headlight though...
me too...but its slim pickings out there...ive searched

CrazyCawi

I'm down for a set

cavcuz05

So have I. People wreck bikes everyday. Maybe one day they will wreck a 6R
yeah most of the time the front is done for and only have from the tank back

cavcuz05

I'm down for a set
cool more the merier for the price...i will def be getting a DIY together when he calles with the price...i have some awesome plans:iconbeer:

cavcuz05

What's the difference in this product an getting an hid light kit from ddm tuning?
this will be a projector retro fit...not just a HID bulb

PWJ

Does it produce better light than an ddm light? Also is it a's blinding as a ddm product or more reserved.

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

Sparkxx1

Anybody know how long this will take? I need time to put money together I hate being a college student sometimes, fudge...

Last edited by a moderator:

cavcuz05

Does it produce better light than an ddm light? Also is it a's blinding as a ddm product or more reserved.
i would imagine also wont piss people off

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I guess it would be nice to have a company make them, but you can do it yourself for half the price. If you go in halfsies with someone on a car kit, you split the price and it comes out to be half of what Nate has quoted you.

The installation is really simple. I know I never got around to doing a full how-to detailed with pictures, but I could get a summary written up and posted in the other thread if guys are interested.

MikeN02

Have them on my R6 with the Angel Eye CCFL halos. Popular mod to do nowadays when you upgrade your headlights.

They produce the same if not better light output then just sticking HID bulbs in because with the projector you are aiming/focusing the headlight, so it isn't scattered everywhere with the reflectors.

A note for installing something IN the headlights is to bake the headlight in the oven (yes I know sounds odd). But you can't get it off without heat because the headlight is sealed shut.

Heat melts the glue/silicone a little and then you can pull it apart easily. After you're done then throw it back in the oven and seal it back together (you never really lose any glue/silicone).

Just don't try to use a heatgun to open it, I've heard it could melt the plastic housing.

When I opened my headlight I put it to about 200F for about 12 minutes.

Chaphil3

What exactly is TRS proposing to "do" for us? I.E what would the kit include? I am a big fan of TRS and can definitely speak to their quality (I have the FX-R projectors in my camry [http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3878534/1998-toyota-camry-le-sedan-4d]) and customer service (Nate and Matt are awesome). Either way I'm down bc I've been thinking about getting a FX-R or maybe the Hella D2S mini projectors to put on my FZ6R, but I'd like to know what exactly the kit would include.