Retro Fit kit

cavcuz05

What exactly is TRS proposing to "do" for us? I.E what would the kit include? I am a big fan of TRS and can definitely speak to their quality (I have the FX-R projectors in my camry [http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3878534/1998-toyota-camry-le-sedan-4d]) and customer service (Nate and Matt are awesome). Either way I'm down bc I've been thinking about getting a FX-R or maybe the Hella D2S mini projectors to put on my FZ6R, but I'd like to know what exactly the kit would include.
the would give us a deal like 100 a set if we had a lot of people interested which would include the morimoto II mini projector, hi/low hids, ballast and all wiring/hardware to mount to the bike

Heineken

Elite Member

cavcuz05

UPDATED on 1st post

PWJ

I like the Gatling 2.0 housing. Now will we be able yo choose at what color temp we want our lights to be displayed. Also will this kit be a direct bolt on from them where the projector will fit in perfectly and all the wiring will hook right up? I need to know a little more information before I fully committ to this. Otherwise it looks positive for me

cavcuz05

Nothing on Angel Eyes? They have them on their site...
shyte forgot...i shoot him another email letting him know some are interested in angel eyes

Chaphil3

I like the Gatling 2.0 housing. Now will we be able yo choose at what color temp we want our lights to be displayed. Also will this kit be a direct bolt on from them where the projector will fit in perfectly and all the wiring will hook right up? I need to know a little more information before I fully committ to this. Otherwise it looks positive for me
First, I'm down and would like to see some halo's as well. Preferably a decent size bigger than the projector/shroud (on my current retrofit, my halos fit exactly around the shroud and when the projectors are on, the halo kinda disappears).

PWJ it seems as though they are pretty plug and play for our H4 lights. Basically the process would be something like this:

Remove the headlight from the bike.
Remove the old bulb and any thing that could melt or mess up.
Put the light in the oven (sounds weird but not that big a deal)
Pry off the lens while the glue is still warm.
Remove the mounting items from the projectors.
Slip the projector in and put the mounting brackets and aiming adapter on and secure (the aiming adapter sounds awesome bc it can be a huge PITA to get the cutoff line level and rotated correctly. looking forward to that part).
Put the shroud on (prob should put some silicone or something on to make sure its secure. The one on my car fell off so im going to have to reopen it. They didn't come with those clips when i got mine).
Make sure wires have a place to run.
I would test that everything fires up before you seal.
Take the bulb out the projector and press the cover back on.
Heat up and clamp down until glue dries.
Reinstall.

TRS has a great forum which i have gotten great use and ideas from. Here is an article on these specific one: How to: Morimoto Mini H1 Bi-xenon Projector Retrofit

Hope that helps.

cavcuz05

I am still in - patiently waiting - interested in the Angel Eye as well
Hey Scott,

A single Angel Eye kit will at $12.50 to the price of the kit if they would like to add them.

Nate @ TRS

cavcuz05

send me a pm with your information as so i can get an accurate count...only serious buyes as it will affect the price

email
name
and what set you are intersted in (regular or angel eye)

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

cavcuz05

directions for order

They can call and place the order over the phone with a credit card or we can set them up with custom paypal invoice. Once we have 5 people paid we will get the harnesses on order and the kits will ship 10-14 days from then.

Nate @ TRS

cavcuz05

4 confirmed...the more the cheaper it is

Hey Scott,

If you get to 10 people paid we can drop it another $10 to $115.

Let me know what you got.

Thanks Scott,

Nate @ TRS

cavcuz05

Have 5 spots filled

the group by will only apply once the orders have been made...

he will send all emails a paypal request and as soon as they are filled he will order the harness and ship them out

5 more slots and the price will drop even more

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

cavcuz05

Is he going to wait for 10 orders?
nope only 5 right now...but if 10 comes it there would be an adjustment i sure...come friday im sending him all the information and thats when you will be able to place your order