Not so happy fz6r owner....

hay cautious_corner

best thing I can suggest is to think back to the last time it was running right.

Next, write down everything that you did from that time forward.
Do a sequence, did this first, than did this, etc.
give it a shot, the answer might jump out at you.

Also, I am running the +1 -2 sprocket setup and it works great.
So good that I might even try -4 when I have a little money again.

So, let's see the list.

All was done at the same time...bone stock then this list all at the same time:

New renthal bars, levers, and grips.
DMP Fender Eliminator with OEM Yamaha Connectors
Custom DMP Turn signals(rear)
Proton flushmount turn signals-set to strobe
Front sprocket, rear sprocket and chain.
GYTR Bar Ends
K&N Air Filter
OIL CHANGE With Lucas 20w-50(already checked oil level and its fine)

get some video... preferably on the handlebar facing the tach and speedo... get her up to the condition and let us see what's going on... it could really be anything... air/fuel/spark are the three culprits... not much else to it...

if it's really bad, don't ride it... no sense taking chances at those speeds.... get it to a different mechanic, or dyno shop and have them strap her up to get an idea of what's going on...

good luck and sorry to hear about the issues

Ill post vids of it when I get home, I have iut on tape....

from the list of mods, only thing close to motor related is K&N Air Filter, right? - would think run ruff from low RPM's also, but who knows. maybe he did something that is only having a problem then.

IIRC your girl went down on the bike not too long ago right? - maybe something electrical, wire or? is starting an issue now and just non mod related.

good luck

Possibly a bad coil? Let the bike warm up and then spray each header pipe and see if the water instantly vaporizes. If you have one that the water just sits on its a dead cylinder. Possible bad coil can be breaking up at higher speeds?

The service manual has two things to check for "poor medium-and-high-speed performance" issues.
1. Air filter - clogged air filter element.
2. fuel pump - faulty fuel pump

Also, do the symptoms change based on electrical load? For instance, turn on your high beams...does it still occur at the same RPM?

Attachments

• Poor high speed performance.jpg
    Poor high speed performance.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 8
Does it act up at the same RPMs in every gear? Or is it only in 6th?

I no its moreso load related if I ram the throttle and pin it down in third I can get it to do it then. Or I can baby it in sixth and wait for it to hit 87-95mph and itll happen

here are the video links

Contour HD version

youtube link

Works best in fullscreen

as you can see the bike is stable and so is the video but once you hit 85mph it starts shaking, watch the bike in conjunction with my body and how violent the movement is. Seems subltle but at those speeds its really a crazy feeling.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYpHxpmxLsc&hd=1]bikemalfunction.MOV - YouTube[/ame]

The strobe on the turn signals.. is that something different from flashing? Is it something similar to a flashing brake light.. I think o remember seeing a box that needed to be wired into a power source. Maybe they tapped into the wrong wire?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

Couple of things: Does it happens @ a certain speed or @ a specific RPM ?? Does D engine revs smootly in neutral all the way up ?? Your bike had a lot of electrical components changed. Check all modified electrical connections starting from D battery terminals. Are they properly connected ?? Improper electrical connections can cause hesitation and/or misfires under load. K&N filters use oil in the element; 2 much oil and it can cause problems on sensors and at the intake track of the ITB's if the engine sucks it in. Is the air box properly positioned and adjusted ?? ITB's are very efficient but very sensitive.

hahahahaha....:rof:

Not to sound redundant, but I read this post last night and did a little search before going to sleep. From everything I read on multiple jap bike forums (from sport to supersport models) it sounds like a fuel delivery/pump problem.

Wish you the best in getting 'er running smoothly again.

Back