new member looking for other aussie fz6r owners

MrPyklet

yeh im a QLDer too, Im from Brisbane. Still new to the fz6r scene, although when I bought it the dealership managed to register it as an xj6f (as far as I know is the same bike). It also has xj6 on the VIN plate. Kind of confusing but its definitely an fz6r.

dcBear78

i wish i lived in a place called Townsville hahaha.... who ever named that place just couldnt think of a better name for a place other than two types of places huh? better than where i live manassas :p man ass's

townsville sounds like a simple kinda place.
Actually Robert Towns named it after himself as he founded the place. It is a bit of a shithole....

yeh im a QLDer too, Im from Brisbane. Still new to the fz6r scene, although when I bought it the dealership managed to register it as an xj6f (as far as I know is the same bike). It also has xj6 on the VIN plate. Kind of confusing but its definitely an fz6r.
Don't believe these Americans.... Our bike and theirs is actually an XJ6F, so it is registered correctly. The Seppos are a simple folk and couldn't bare the confusion of another name for a 600cc Yamaha when FZ moniker was already in use. :p

Last edited:

poWKaw

that's not so bad bear... except the whole industrial part of it hahahah
but the fact of how far away you live from a capital i wouldn't be so keen on!
i could never live in anything other than a capital but i'm weird

dcBear78

that's not so bad bear... except the whole industrial part of it hahahah
but the fact of how far away you live from a capital i wouldn't be so keen on!
i could never live in anything other than a capital but i'm weird
I think you missed the irony of the pictures I posted..... Plus I don't live there. In fact never been there. But heard it is a nice place to live.

Here's my view...

MrPyklet

I dont mind Townsville, but I couldnt live there, except for the fact that it's where the Powerpuff girls live haha

:aus:

fazed

Might the first West Aussie here with one

Hi all just in the throws of getting a FZ6R and learning how to unrestrict it (big up from me to everyone who has posted info on how unrestrict the bike). They don't sell them here in W.A. (wtf!!) Bad Yamaha!!! Anyway can't wait to get one and start riding again. Had hyosung gt250r before, still miss the old girl was really reliable bike. Just can't wait for the new sexy beast though, any good sites for second hand FZ6R bikes?

dcBear78

Bike sales.com.au

I'm selling mine, but I am in qld so probably not the most convenient of sales.

Boolag

Howdy, I'm a Melbourne based rider.
I've only had my license for 1 1/2 years, still on my P's even though I'm an Old('ish) bastard..racked up 55,000km'sign that time..mostly all on the FZ6R
Hah Don't hold it against me but I'm an ex-Cantabrian Kiwi.
On my second FZ6R, my first one was killed.
Current bike has been unrestricted and is happy that way.

Rowville-biker

i'm from Melbourne:welcome:, bought the bike new 2011 and been riding it since then. i had my bike unrestricted the month after i bought it and love the full power. i ordered TBR exhaust + JB pro yesterday. I commute to work with it everyday eventhough the weather is very bad. Can't wait for spring

BOB88R

i'm from Melbourne:welcome:, bought the bike new 2011 and been riding it since then. i had my bike unrestricted the month after i bought it and love the full power. i ordered TBR exhaust + JB pro yesterday. I commute to work with it everyday eventhough the weather is very bad. Can't wait for spring
Hi Rowville, how did you go with your mods?

nytefal

Sydney checking in!

I got a few mates who go out on a semi-regular basis.

Hit me up if wanna go riding!