New to me Fz6r

jjmaine

Hey guys, I just picked up a very nice 2014 Fz6r with only 7,000 miles on it for a good deal. It came with a Delkavic exhaust as well as a Power Commander already installed. Huge thanks to Half Click Up, his videos are what made me ultimately choose the Fz6r. Also, I scavenged his email off the internet and asked him if he could help me out with a good map for my bike and he replied instantly and was super helpful. Thanks Hcu, I installed the new map today and it works so much better than the Two Bros canned map!

I have a couple of questions,has anyone done the “marble mod” on their fz instead of installing the block off plates? I think it achieves the same result by blocking the hose that goes into the airbox with a marble. Also is easily reversible and takes seconds to install vs the plates.

Is there any aftermarket options for the rear grab handles? I was thinking today that my tailight looked funny for some reason and I remember the previous owner saying that he had givi side cases on it. I guess he never put the side handles back on. I can get oem ones but they are over $150 for the set. Also partzilla sells a one piece grab handle for a 2010 fz6r, that would still fit right?

Can’t wait to enjoy my new bike! Quite an upgrade from my Ninja 300. I still have the 300 but will end up selling it eventually…

I guess my photo files are too large?

One more question while Im at it. My bike has I think a moto dynamics integrated tailight and front flush mount led blinkers. They blink very fast though. I’m wondering if it needs some type of resister installed that the previous owner neglected? I would think it would have been done correctly since the guy I bought it off runs a powersports dealership (his father owns it) so he has access to his very own service department lol…
Thanks guys!

Last edited:

jjmaine

Does anyone know if the motech center stand (or yamaha) will clear the Delkevic exhaust? I read somewhere that the only aftermarket exhaust that will work with the center stand is the leo vince but it looks like my Delkevic takes up a hell of a lot less space than the oem exhaust…

jacobg98

Does anyone know if the motech center stand (or yamaha) will clear the Delkevic exhaust? I read somewhere that the only aftermarket exhaust that will work with the center stand is the leo vince but it looks like my Delkevic takes up a hell of a lot less space than the oem exhaust…
The Delkevic website says that the full exhaust system is compatible with the center stand. I haven't tried it, though

jjmaine

Thanks! I did buy some T Rex spool adapters but I can without a doubt report that they do NOT fit with the Delkevic exhaust lol. My rear stand is interchangable to use spools or just the pads on the bottom of the swingarm. I’ve decided to just use that. A centerstand would be sweet though but for me not a necessity. If I didn’t already have stands then I would hunt one down for sure.

jjmaine

Not compatible with the rear fricking acle though😞

Last night I went to take my wheels off to get the tires changed and clunk, the rear axle hits the Delkevic. I remember thinking that I should put the axle in from the left side before I out the muffler on when I put new chain and sprockets on. Apparently I forgot lol. It won’t happen again. I have hours of peeling off nice new high temp silicone to look forward to tonight😒😒😒😒