new member looking for other aussie fz6r owners

LOBES74

Hi Everyone,

I'm a Sydney sider and am on my Brand New FZ6R 2010 Raven which looks and rides really cool. I have no plans of derestricting my bike anytime soon. Got my L's 10 days ago!! so have a long way to go. My bike dealer asked me to change oil in the next service which is at 1000 kms but here in the forum seem to think that it needs an oil change sooner than that. Does anyone have a say on this please.

Just remember mate that some of the guys on this site are americans and so the would be talking in miles not Kilometers. They change there's at 500miles

LOBES74

hey boys im from sydney hoping to get mine soon hopefully in a week or two how much did you boys in sydney pay for your bike and what are your names and age maby we could go on a fz6r cruise someday:p
Sounds good mate I live not far from you at Casula. I got my bike as an ex-demo from Red Baron in Liverpool. They're asking $12,000 for the new bikes. Lets say I got a fair bit off of that plus I got a few extras. Red Baron also offers 10% off of anything you buy from them for life including services if you buy a bike from them.

Drewsfz6r

Hi there scott from sydney...just registered...bought my bike August last year and had the same problems as every-one else so I bought the de-restricter and now it's great.
I also bought the fender elliminator which makes the tail look so much better.

Currently looking for a different muffler to give more power but reduce wieght. any suggestions.
Hey mate
about the exhaust I would go for the two brothers one that's what I have had on my fz6r for about 8 months and I love it
I would say it's easily half the weight of the stock exhaust and has a beautiful sound... It turns heads every where you go

ajiribarren

Hey mate
about the exhaust I would go for the two brothers one that's what I have had on my fz6r for about 8 months and I love it
I would say it's easily half the weight of the stock exhaust and has a beautiful sound... It turns heads every where you go
Or you can also go with the Leo Vince underbody one :D, is the one I have

LOBES74

Re; mufflers

DREWSFZ6R & AJIRIBARREN did you guy's have to purchase the fuel management system like I've seen some of the others on this site get and also haw much?

Also where did you actualy get them from / do you have any contacts?

Thanks for any advice you maybe able to give.

Regards

LOBES74

Do you Sydney boys ever hit up putty road??
Not yet been thinking about it though wouldn't mind doing a weekend trip up the old pacific HWY and then back down the putty rd would be a good trip me thinks.:):cool::):cool:

ajiribarren

DREWSFZ6R & AJIRIBARREN did you guy's have to purchase the fuel management system like I've seen some of the others on this site get and also haw much?

Regards
I got mine from sportbiketrackgear.com, I wrote an email to [email protected] to Andrew Burry. I paid around 800 shipped to Australia in August. The exhaust's model is 8232.

A PCV or Juicebox is not really necessary, but it will help. I've found out that our bikes ( in my case an XJ6) come tuned differently than the US ones, and that Marthy's maps or PCV maps readily available don't work so well with our bikes.

I also got from STG the PCV for around 320 shipped. Right now I'm using one of Marthy's maps until I fine tune one with the Auto Tune. My incursions with Autotune shows that our bikes (or mine for that matter) run rich from factory.

One advantage of the Leo vs Two Bros for our Aussie bikes is that the Leo comes with a thread welded on the headers for the O2 sensor. US bikes don't have one, and Two Bros doesnt include one.

Here is a pic of my exhaust installed:

Cheers

Drewsfz6r

Regards
I got the two brothers exhaust and power comander at one time cost me 1500 for the lot shipped over from the states... I looked and searched all of Australia and could only find the two brothers exhaust here as well and just for the exhaust alone they wanted 1600 so that's why I looked over to the states... Just remember LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES

Drewsfz6r

Not yet been thinking about it though wouldn't mind doing a weekend trip up the old pacific HWY and then back down the putty rd would be a good trip me thinks.:):cool::):cool:
Also if you look in my profile pics there is a few pics of the exhaust and power comander...
Would be good to get out on a ride with a few other fz6rs... Here in newcastle there isn't to many getting around I have only seen 2 others

LOBES74

I got mine from sportbiketrackgear.com, I wrote an email to [email protected] to Andrew Burry. I paid around 800 shipped to Australia in August. The exhaust's model is 8232.

A PCV or Juicebox is not really necessary, but it will help. I've found out that our bikes ( in my case an XJ6) come tuned differently than the US ones, and that Marthy's maps or PCV maps readily available don't work so well with our bikes.

I also got from STG the PCV for around 320 shipped. Right now I'm using one of Marthy's maps until I fine tune one with the Auto Tune. My incursions with Autotune shows that our bikes (or mine for that matter) run rich from factory.

One advantage of the Leo vs Two Bros for our Aussie bikes is that the Leo comes with a thread welded on the headers for the O2 sensor. US bikes don't have one, and Two Bros doesnt include one.

Here is a pic of my exhaust installed:

Cheers
That Looks realy sweet compaired to the others that seem to stick out like dogs balls.:)

Chubz

Sydney

Hi Guys,

Just introducing myself, I got my FZ6R on Thursday last week and am loving it, i purchased it un restricted and the thing is quick!! Hoping to get an exhaust sometime soon i find the bike is too quiet.

Cheers Chubz

Drewsfz6r

Hi Guys,

Just introducing myself, I got my FZ6R on Thursday last week and am loving it, i purchased it un restricted and the thing is quick!! Hoping to get an exhaust sometime soon i find the bike is too quiet.

Cheers Chubz
:welcome: mate good to hear your loving the fz6r... Mine still scares me everytime I jump on it lol... How much did you pay for the beast if you don't mind me asking... :thumbup:

LOBES74

G'day CHUBZ welcome to the forum look forward to hearing more from you. Where in OZ are you.

Newrider79

Hey Guys, I just picked up my 2010 FZ6R last Friday and loving it! Its restricted at this stage though cant wait until they day I can un-restrict the bike!

Newrider79

I had mine serviced by my dealer at 1000km. That should be around the right time it takes to wear in the engine. Make sure you read up online about how to wear in a brand new engine.
Hey Buddy, I just picked up my bike 2nd hand, 2010 model only done 230 K's and hasn't had its first service yet, I would imagine I still need to wear the engine in yeah even though its 12 months old? Any tips or do you know where more info is available? Do you also think I should take it for a service?

HandmadeGumby

Hey there
Im Andrew and really lovin the FZ6R had it bout 6 months, got the M4 exhaust it was such a big jump in power and u really notice the weight saved in quick change of direction, unfortantly got done for 30km/h over and now sittin on the sideline for 3 months :( im on the central coast so when i get my licence back keen to get together with some fellow FZ6R riders

blackfz

Gday All
A new fz6r rider to this great land of aus.
Just bought the restricted version of the fz6r, Have had for 2 weeks and is now unrestricted, much better to handle, excellent bike, very comfortable to ride.

Cheers:steve:

LOBES74

Gday All
A new fz6r rider to this great land of aus.
Just bought the restricted version of the fz6r, Have had for 2 weeks and is now unrestricted, much better to handle, excellent bike, very comfortable to ride.

Cheers:steve:
welcome to the group Steve hope you are as happy as the rest of us with the bike. Where in OZ are you from?