new member looking for other aussie fz6r owners

dcBear78

Darryl here.... I dare say I may have been the first FZ6R owner from Australia here? Not sure, but close. I got the first one to be registered in QLD, which I know from the pain in the ass involved with the registering of a model that didn't exist on their system (and they told me I was the first.)

I am (hopefully) putting in an order for a Two Bros zorst and Juice Box, Targa FE, and Puig hugger.

I got the only one in my town, although I feel I may be joined soon as I saw the local shop had a display bike in the yard today.

I also lurk around ASB and Netrider with the same user name.

Chubz

@LOBES74, i payed $9300 for it with 3000km.

@Drewsfz6r, Im from Bonnyrigg not sure if you know where that is, down liverpool way in Sydney.

dcBear78

Hey mate
about the exhaust I would go for the two brothers one that's what I have had on my fz6r for about 8 months and I love it
I would say it's easily half the weight of the stock exhaust and has a beautiful sound... It turns heads every where you go
You have any issues with the exhaust and the O2 sensor we have on our here? You got a PCV too don't you? I am getting a Juice Box. I have read getting either of these eliminates the need for the O2 sensor and you can just tuck it away.

Putting my order in tonight.

Drewsfz6r

You have any issues with the exhaust and the O2 sensor we have on our here? You got a PCV too don't you? I am getting a Juice Box. I have read getting either of these eliminates the need for the O2 sensor and you can just tuck it away.

Putting my order in tonight.
Hey mate... I have had no issues with my exhaust or juice box I put on it... Easy to in stall it all I don't it all my self in a couple of hours... And the 02 sensor I just rolled it up and zip tied it under the fuel tank... And with doing that I have no issues with the bike at all

dcBear78

Thanks...

Exhaust A$970 delivered
Juice Box A$241 delivered

Wish I had've got in while the rate was really good. Ohh... Well. As long as the rate is on the positive side when that exhaust passes through customs.

Mitch21

Hey, Mitch here from Adelaide,

I got the fz6r in May and have done 1500km which isnt bad for just riding on the weekends and being winter and all. I put on two brothers carbon fibre exhaust and sounds amazing, juice box is coming soon along with smoked windscreen and fender eliminator. Loving the bike so far and keen for a ride with some fellow 6R riders. :)

peterstoker

I live in ACT had the fz6r in black for a month now, just de restricted it myself bought the bracket $180 very expensive peice of metal but would of paid more loving the power now, was pretty dissapointed before with the throttle restricted, very underpowered even for a learner! i am 100kg though! all good now though and i dont have to tell anyone on here how good it looks, mate from work has just ordered a two brothers exhaust so very interested in how it goes and sounds then will more then likely purchase one myself, whats everyones fender eliminator brand of choice there are a few on ebay! happy riding!

dcBear78

whats everyones fender eliminator brand of choice there are a few on ebay! happy riding!
I got a Targa one. So simple to install. No need to cut wires everything is ready to go. I did notice this week that one of my indicators has started to break. A quick email to them and they are sending out replacements for free. I think I may have read this somewhere else here too, so there customer service is top notch. :thumbup:

Also, my bike passed the policeman test the other day. Despite my extremely loud Two Bros exhaust, FE and flush mount indicators. Apparently I can be heard from a long, long long way away. And from this distance it sounded like I was going incredibly fast? I think it must have been just the cool evening air affecting the sound. ;)

Last edited:

Chubz

furiousgeorge

Also in townsville. Just picked up 2011 burnt orange FZ6R, absolutely loving it. Sure ill love it more when the new throttle plate arrives.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member