new member looking for other aussie fz6r owners

ausfz6r

Hey what's up? Im a nu member and will be buying a nu fz6r soon & was wondering if their was any members out there from adelaide or anywhere else in ausland who wants to talk bike stuff lol

WenMark

Welcome to the family. This site is great. Lots of great people. I'm glad to see we are getting some FZ6R owners from different parts of the world. I think there are a few from down under here already. Enjoy the ride. :)

eashleighv9

Hi there, I bought one a month ago, it has been raining quite often over here in the Sunshine Coast, so I have done 250kms so far. Keep in touch and welcome to the site, actually I am new myself, just joined today.
C U

catweasel

Welcome aboard
Ive been on here since June and the amount of info is amazing
You'll get heaps of ideas and tips
Im a Sydney sider and Im loving the Spring weather coming on.

Daylight savings now so I can get a good ride in after work!!

kma_jg

I find the Netrider forum more Aus related than here, but this forum is great for FZ6R and XJ6 specific stuff. Can't say that I've found a lot of us on NR though

Jonesay

Jonesay here Melbourne rider.

have a great dealer who doesnt mind fixing the derestriction problem.

Spadger

De-restriction

What did that melb dealer set you back $$$$ Jonesey

Ive had a look and thinkin about attackin the prob myself?

Drewsfz6r

Hey i'm Paul also from Melbourne.

Heres a link for the derestriction kit. I haven't derestricted mine yet i will prob make my own throttle cable bracket because i cant justify paying $150 for a piece of metal and i can re-install the restricted bracket if i decide to sell the bike.

Res - Art - Yamaha :: FZ6R / XJ6F Derestricted.

I have had mine derestricted for a few months now I think the 150 bucks is well worth it.. To much stuffing around making a new one... But you can always cut the one in there now but when it comes to resell you can't restricted it... Very fast bike now I think there so under powered when it's restricted

kma_jg

Hey i'm Paul also from Melbourne.

Heres a link for the derestriction kit. I haven't derestricted mine yet i will prob make my own throttle cable bracket because i cant justify paying $150 for a piece of metal and i can re-install the restricted bracket if i decide to sell the bike.

Res - Art - Yamaha :: FZ6R / XJ6F Derestricted.
I have one of those too and see no reason why you can't put it back. It's straight swop.

Electrix

Yea i'm not saying the $150 is not worth it, I just know a fabricator who said he can do it for free;) and i know you can re-install the old one if i brought the $150 kit.

I have riden one without the restriction and its alot faster I don't know why they restrict it so much?

eashleighv9

queensland

So...to get my R licence and have my FZ6R derestricted, I have to pay $200 bucks to Q-Ride and then pay $150 bucks to have it full power?.
Any other legal way? what a ripp off!!
It is like having a terciary education, 75% of teaching is just useless.:mad:

Electrix

And by the way it is illegal to derestrict the fz6r unless you get it re-registed as a full powered bike which you are not allowed to ride on your restricted licence.
It sucks i know

Drewsfz6r

What they don't kno won't hurt I guess... And plus with the lams bikes these days there is so many different ways they can restricted them how will they know if there restricted or not unless they start looking into it... That's my theory to it...

southwinds

Hi Everyone,

I'm a Sydney sider and am on my Brand New FZ6R 2010 Raven which looks and rides really cool. I have no plans of derestricting my bike anytime soon. Got my L's 10 days ago!! so have a long way to go. My bike dealer asked me to change oil in the next service which is at 1000 kms but here in the forum seem to think that it needs an oil change sooner than that. Does anyone have a say on this please.

Lukeyy

I had mine serviced by my dealer at 1000km. That should be around the right time it takes to wear in the engine. Make sure you read up online about how to wear in a brand new engine.

LOBES74

Hi there scott from sydney...just registered...bought my bike August last year and had the same problems as every-one else so I bought the de-restricter and now it's great.
I also bought the fender elliminator which makes the tail look so much better.

Currently looking for a different muffler to give more power but reduce wieght. any suggestions.

onur

hey boys im from sydney hoping to get mine soon hopefully in a week or two how much did you boys in sydney pay for your bike and what are your names and age maby we could go on a fz6r cruise someday:p