Elite Member

spider2k

Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

Vulpine

I spoke with my friend at my Yamaha dealership and asked him if he thought this mod would help significantly and would it void my warranty if I performed it myself. He said yes, it would definitely help give some extra ponies and yes and no concerning the warranty. He said if I burned up my moter perfoming a modification then it would void the warranty, however if I brought the stacks, K&N, and PCV and let them install them plus dyno I would still keep my warranty. They only charge $40 to dyno. He sounded optimistic about the stacks. I'm just curious about how many ponies do we realistically expect to add? Will the air box, K&N, PCV, exhaust, and shed unnecessary weight give a significant difference. He said I could swap out my cams and pistons for an older model R6's, however at that point I may as well just upgrade to a more powerful bike. Personally I would like more power in the midrange. I didn't purchase a GSXR as I don't need rocket power above 9000 rpms as my bike is a commuter/fun machine. But I know how this "mod fever" and the increased horsepower quest can drive us to spend outrageous amounts of cash. If I can get a 9 - 10 hp increase I would be very happy, if not maybe I need to save my money for an upgrade later on. Cheers everyone.

Chevyfazer

^^^ you would probably see better performance with swapping to fz6 cams vs R6 cams. The Stock r6 cam is ground to make power above 9k which would serve not much use to a fz6r. I think marthy made about a 10hp jump when he dyno'd his with the fz6 cams

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Vulpine

Thanks for the info. I took a long ride yesterday and really got an appreciation for our bike again. I've had a cruiser, Ninja 6R, and a Supermoto, and this FZ6R has all of what I wanted from those bikes nestled in a great package. She's a keeper. With these mods discussed here I believe the better throttle response will keep me satisfied for quite a while. Thanks again guys.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

BoneJj

Damn you marthy...

Now I'm going to have to shell out more cash on my bike and probably on my car now...

There goes another couple hundred bucks... It's going to take at least 5 square feet to cover the air box for my car and my bike...

Thanks though, this does look like a nice thing to do and after reading some quick articles on the stuff it looks looks like this is a pretty cool material to really make a difference in heat reflecting heat away from important areas.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

BoneJj

If I rememeber it comes in 24" wide sheet. I did get 24" x 24" if I can remember. It was just enough for my airbox.
yes, but that was for your 6R

I was asking about his Z1000, I believe he has the same air box as I do. most of the parts are interchangeable between our bikes.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member
Y

yellowfz

This falls into that -- I spent the money so it worked and that is my story and I am sticking to it -- category. :facepalm:
Best mod is to cut off the snorkel and get rid of the HR (Hemholtz Resinator) after that you are just flinging money at it for no good reason. :eek:

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Bruno

Does the rubber rug between the airbox and the engine have anything to do with the airflow? I ended up taking it off last time disassembled the airbox...