Marthy's Airbox mod

will415

I like that way that all came out to and i love the way the the air box is cut i would concider in doing this but my thing is i usually ride all year unless im lazy or something but with this mod what are the chances of the water coming into the bike now cause if its open that much and i ride in the rain or something then how does this keep the air box and engin safe from the water? I know there is a filter but well that will get wet ha!!:banghead:

Dustin600

I'm serious when I say, "that's pretty sweet!" It think it looks like something NASA would build though...

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:
Y

yellowfz

Was thinking the same thing (NASA).

You know the air box is cooler but not the air being pulled in. And of course the air does not sit long enough to be cooled down because the inside of the air box is cooler.
Heat soak is a tough thing to deal with.

Take the IAT sensor out of the air box plug the hole and put the IAT sensor somewhere cooler, ECU then fuels for cooler air.

You guys crack me up sometimes. :D:D:D

If you look on the right side (and left) of the bike there is a black plastic piece that is between the tank and the fairing, there is a slot or hole there, push with your finger through that hole, that is the rubber shield between the engine and the air box, I'm thinking snorkel point.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Vulpine

Thank you for your VALUABLE contributions to this modification. I've been following the "making holes in the air box" thread for a while now. I fully intend to invest in a full exhaust system, PC, and open up the air box as well. Purchasing a full exhaust system is a good year away, do you suppose that doing this air box mod along with a Power Commander without the exhaust change will make a notable difference? I can always adjust the PC once I upgrade to a full exhaust change.

Michael Wilson

Almost anything is better then stock. At stock our bike is so restricted its not even funny.

Vulpine

I'm eagerly awaiting info on the v-stack change in addition to the heat shield wrap. I plan to do a complete intake/exhaust upgrade later this year. Finding this thread has me stoked. Thanks again.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Vulpine

Here we go!!! :D:D:D

Got the velocity stack this morning and already installed! End up a little longer than what I wanted but I think it's perfect length if you don't have the FZ6 cams. It is shorter than the long stack but a bit longer than the short one. Due to the taper being so long I couldn't make them shorter.

So they won't be tune as good as I wanted but the gain in airflow should compensate for it. Can't wait to give them a good try. Not much I can do without my new clutch... I'll test the cruising range until then.

Do sound good and sharp response!
Thanks for pioneering so much territory on our bike. Hope your numbers come back fruitful. Awesome work!

Vulpine

Here we go!!! :D:D:D

Got the velocity stack this morning and already installed! End up a little longer than what I wanted but I think it's perfect length if you don't have the FZ6 cams. It is shorter than the long stack but a bit longer than the short one. Due to the taper being so long I couldn't make them shorter.

So they won't be tune as good as I wanted but the gain in airflow should compensate for it. Can't wait to give them a good try. Not much I can do without my new clutch... I'll test the cruising range until then.

Do sound good and sharp response!
Thanks for pioneering new territory on our bike. Anxious to see the results!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member
Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member