Marthy Trunk/Soft Saddlebags Rack

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I might be interested in one as well, depending on what final costs are.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Here you go. Back form powder coating and looking good!
Those look really nice! :thumbup:

Is there any way you could give us an idea of what it might take to do just the saddle bag supports without the rear trunk platform?? Pretty please!?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
To do it is not a problem at all, very easy. The problem is to be able to make it in the $50-$75 range. Powder coat only cost 30... + material. And minimum wage in Florida is a bit over $7/h. LOL:D

If no one care about Powder Coat finish, I can do it and you spray paint it...

So 2 of you are interested on the saddlebags support so far, any other ones. Serious please. I don't mind spending the weekend and $$$ to build rack, but I don't want to stare at them for months...:D

What kind of bags do you have? Mine are MotoCentrix. All I need is the shape or I can eye ball something close to...
I can understand that. Here is a link to the bags that I have. It has the dimensions of the bags, as well as some photos to give you an idea of their shape.

Nelson Rigg SSC-150 Silver Streak Deluxe Sport Saddlebags :: MotorcycleGear.com

Also, I don't mind the truck rack, it would give me a place to bungy another small bag to, but I just don't see myself getting a trunk in the near future.

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
As another question, how much do the saddle bag supports flex when you put inward pressure on them? In other words, how much pressure does it take to squeeze and cause the supports to flex? I'm just curious because I am using my bags for grocery shopping and have to carry a couple gallons of milk and I don't want the supports flexing inward....that would kinda defeat the purpose of the racks.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds good to me!

Don't go out of your way to design just the saddle bag supports on my account. I think I have decided that I would go with the full supports and rear rack support once I scrape some money together. I'll let you know.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Cagleicious

To do it is not a problem at all, very easy. The problem is to be able to make it in the $50-$75 range. Powder coat only cost 30... + material. And minimum wage in Florida is a bit over $7/h. LOL:D

If no one care about Powder Coat finish, I can do it and you spray paint it...

So 2 of you are interested on the saddlebags support so far, any other ones. Serious please. I don't mind spending the weekend and $$$ to build rack, but I don't want to stare at them for months...:D

What kind of bags do you have? Mine are MotoCentrix. All I need is the shape or I can eye ball something close to...

I have the same bags you do in the pic.
I would be very interested in Just the saddle support. As in I'll buy a set..

oldtouring b

UPS just dropped mine off!

Everyone that is thinking of using their bike for sport touring needs one of Marthy's racks:cool: The fit and workmanship is first class. You should know that I am very hard to please. This rack is a keeper. I still need to have the topcase platform drilled but I will post some pics later today. If you are on the fence--jump off:)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Willieiso118

They looks a little cumbersome for shipping. Have you considered a bolt together version for that back tray, to make it fit in a flatter box?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Martin, how much do the final racks weigh and would you be able to quote me a cost for shipping to Shreveport, LA 71119?