Marthy Trunk/Soft Saddlebags Rack

Willieiso118

Shipping is definitely a little steep. When I build those 3 I had fab cost in mind. Try to make it as nice and inexpensive as I can. If I had to build 20 of those... I'll make it different, bold on saddlebags support will be the way to go. Specially it seams like the demand is there for saddlebag support only... We'll see how it goes...
Actually a bag version only would suite my needs perfectly....

oldtouring b

OK Marthy--

Here are 3 pics of the rack with the saddlebags being installed. My wife is fine tuning the straps and making a clean install. I removed the rear footpegs and went with a bolt and locknut. It works for me. I don't ride with passengers. In these pics, the rear grab rail is off the bike also. I will test ride like this and see what I think. I like the idea of less weight.

I will post more pics with the rack not covered up in the near future:banghead:

Thanks again Marthy.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

oldtouring b

Update with drilling completed!

Here are some after installing the topcase platform and of the topcase. The topcase came from eBay and cost $40. I think it is going to work fine. Seems good and solid. Someone asked what the rack weighes. I weighed it with the topcase platform on at 6 pounds and 4 ounces. Very light and solid. Later

Attachments

oldtouring b

Last pics of the rack..

I messed with the adjustments and got it where I want it. It goes on in 2mins. with no problems. Going to Maggie Valley soon, so I will be able to try out the new toys on a 6 day ride. I also included a picture of the new bar ends and grip puppies. I was amazed that the bar ends saved 20 pounds off the weight! Later Bob

PS if you are riding solo the rack without the passenger grab rail looks very good. The fit and finish is great.IMHO

Attachments

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

oldtouring b

Tested the setup yesterday..

I took a 150 mile ride yesterday to test the rack and luggage. A+++. With the arrangement I have nothing moved more than a half inch. It is a winner. Having a lockable topcase for the helmet is great.

I know its just my old mind playing tricks but the bike feels lighter:iconbeer: It handles just fine.

Thanks again Marthy..

PS I noticed the exhaust heat on my right hip for the first time yesterday. It was the first day under 95/100. Is that something I will need to get used too?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

luv2ride

Hi!

Just wondering, do you sell the rack for the soft bags? I thought about purchasing the Givi rack and hard cases. I think the soft bags work just fine for the amount of overnight trips I do, but I would like to have some protection in regards to the bag hitting the wheel or sagging. Thanks!...:)

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Jots S.R.M.C.

F@#$, I want one.. YESTERDAY!!

I'm going to sandiego next week and you should see the " TREE" of shit i stack on the back seat lol..

I've got a huge square douffle bag that I fill to the max.. and then on the left i strap a small hand bag with more shit.. like pair of shoes, cell phone charger, change of clothes and stuff (like a mid sides carry on).. then on the right I strap a gas tank. In case..

Then there is room on top of the douffle bag but I wont really need anything besides my sleeping bag ( Just in case) and water .. I live in the desert you can never be too safe !!

but I would like to buy one ASAP.. I dont have anythign to fabricate.. I would like to commend you for your design and Build very nice, PRO.. Grats

I couldn't of made one nicer!

Last edited by a moderator:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited by a moderator: