Marthy Trunk/Soft Saddlebags Rack

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
What's the update on your stock, Martin? Do you have any racks left, and have you built any saddle bag-only supports yet?

Thanks for the update!

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

stevet

Hey Marthy good job as always. Thanks for posting all of this useful info.

I bet if you fill the trunk with bricks you could do some incredible wheel stands. :)

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

BoneJj

marthy, it seems all your other pics in this thread are missing, or there is something wrong with my browser but I'd like to see some of the pics of your newer setup, I saw the few on like page 4 or something but they were of the first one I think, I may have it wrong.

In any case I would like to see some more of them. Do those plates that are mounted in that pic come with the case or is that something you have to buy separate from the cases?

Yes, I'm that new to all this.... lol.

I was reading the other thread and it was mentioned that one of the guys noticed a 5mpg drop in mpg when using the givi side hard cases and that leads me to think that I would just want to go with the main top hard case. I would probably just bungee something over the back seat as well for extra storage, like my bag for classes. Right now I'm still at a toss up between the 6r and an nv700v or something like that. I don't want crazy big CC that I will never use or could accidentally use and get myself a nasty ticket for screwing around too much.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

Dr. X

Cut, grind, bend, lots of measurement, weld... almost finish to mod my rack to fit the Givi side case E21.
That looks nice!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

BoneJj

Marthy, that rack looks pretty good.

I also like those bullet lights, What's the story on those? They look like they are rather exposed, do they put out a good amount of light or no? I like how you mounted them as well, looks like a good spot for them.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

BoneJj

Thanks! I got a $40 FE from ebay (without signals) and I got those signals from.... (let me find out, cant remember) They are very bright. I run them as signal & running light. So they're always on and flash brighter when blinking. They blink fast because I didn't add the resistor, but I don't mind. I actually like that they blink fast.

Harrison Specialties LLC LED lights, Motorcycle backrests, DIY plans and other accessories: LED Super Lights

I got the small black ones.
what is an FE?

I like those little bullet lights, I might have get a set of those to expand the lighting or change it up on my next bike. I like the idea of keeping them as running lights. That will be much more beneficial for all around.

I still want to modify my front lights on my vn900b to be running lights as well, for some reason the backs are running lights but the front ones are not... kind of dumb if you ask me.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

BoneJj

Fender Eliminator... They call those tear drop LED
ahhhhh, I got you, how did you setup your mounting on the license plate?

Some places call them tear drops and others bullets, lol. I seem to find the distinction most times is cruiser vs sport bikes, lol. I've found a lot of these style lights but often they are a let down....