How much did you pay for your FZ6R?

dcBear78

something here....but... 11,200 Australian dollars = $11,000 USD. The bike (2011 fz6r) only MSRP's for $7500 USD (here in the US). Brand new 09's and 2010s are being bought for $5000-$6500 USD off the showroom floors.
The Aussie price given is right. Mine was about the same.

Vehicles in your turf are a lot cheaper due to shear volume of sales. A really good example was the Pontiac GTO, an Aussie made Holden Monaro. Shipped to the other side of the world and was for sale at considerably lower prices than available here. When new they were about A$55k locally and about US$35k over there.

Tmak73

Got my 09' all black with a bunch of aftermarket stuff and 3k miles for 5300. About 6k after tax title and fees

Chaphil3

$6000 otd they wanted 7500 but i showed them i found it for 5200 in another dealer so they went down to 6000
Where did you find it for 5200? What model year? I am hoping to get my bike tomorrow in NC and they want 6500 OTD, but if I could show them 5200 somewhere else, maybe I can get them down easier!

shocker35

6125 otd with a 4 yr ext warranty and 5 years gap insurance.

Last edited:

Chaphil3

Got mine today! 2010 FZ6R. $6381 with all fees plus a 4 yrs extended warranty and complete service plan. Lovin the bike!

Detrich

Dang that's a great price. How did u negotiate that?

slaythoven

$5495 with fees for my 2009. It was priced to sale fast.

Detrich

wow, i wonder if i can get a deal like when i get my R6... i feel raped on the 6R now after reading all these prices... lol

rainman245

how can a dealer charge more than an FZ6 costs for the lower optioned FZ6R?

Dealers are crooks...thats how.
Simple supply and demand. If you have someone willing to pay $8k over msrp for a new Evo 8, or double the msrp of a Ford GT. Why not?? You would do the same.

Chaphil3

Dang that's a great price. How did u negotiate that?
To be honest, I didnt even think they were gonna be willing to negotiate. Its amazing what threatening to walk away will do lol. The cash back from yamaha helped too. Although the guy tried to pretend like it was too late. He told me "oh yea theres a problem man. That cash back i was telling you about ended at the beginning of the month (it was march 1st)." I told him that was weird since yamaha's promotion said thru june. He suddenly realized that he was "looking at the wrong bike on the worksheet" lol

24KMACH

7,442.96 otd!! That's with tax and license. It's a 09 Raven brand new. 0 miles. Never had a battery installed in it. I received a new helmet with the deal. :)