How much did you pay for your FZ6R?

alexan33

good dude, great deal

on here now because i just got home from a 4 hour drive there, 4 hour back. 09 fz6r 2200 miles, mint, asv shorty levers, stand, tank protector, aftermarket windshield--wanted 4500--needed money to fix his beautiful nissan, gave it to me for 4300. i'll post pics--man i got lucky, now looking to do a few other mods.........stoked

icestorm

Yes but the bikes were imported before the aussie dollar went up, which means dealer payed more so we pay more.

rayza

there is a huge amount of factors that contribute to the pricing differences between the US and Australia. sure our $ is strong right now, but it hasnt always been. And really, one of the main reasons is market. the USA market numbers clearly trumps Australia. Say one yamaha dealer in the USA brings in 50 FZ6R's to sell in a year, an Australian dealer would probly be lucky to sell 5 in that same year. The USA dealer will have certainly got a better price on buying 50 than 5. We just dont have the population to compare the statistics fairly.

b_who

6000 OTD with yamaha's 3.99% fixed for 3years

thatklutzychick

Got my brand spanking new '10 for $5999 and got sweet discounts on sliders, a helmet, gloves, a jacket and boots (I'm obviously a n00b haha). Thanks to SoCal taxes everything was just over $7300.

Kspalla

5300 brand new off the show room floor :steve: got a jacket, helmet, gloves. all said and done left that night @ 6000

PnB-2K9

5300 brand new off the show room floor :steve: got a jacket, helmet, gloves. all said and done left that night @ 6000

Not bad at all ! Especially with the freebies along :)

As for me ... 4,900/- + 450/- = 5,350/- OTD. Rather OT(w)D = Out The (Warehouse) Door. lol .. since had to get it shipped here, this Cadmium-Yellow Baby isnt even born, ie still within the carton and crate :p

Now being cared at the shipping office, waiting for the 27th so as to reach my door in 3-4 weeks. . .. shall def. post the 'journey pics' once delvd. and assembled. Pity the dealer didnt fix it before sending it, but then, would have ended up paying for the freight 'cos of space occupied. I even told my dealer to discount the price for labour I will be doing ... lol.

All-in-all 7k, delvd. on my doorstep. Actually started browsing with a Harley XN883, but damn glad have concluded on this. .. waiting, waiting, waiting :cool:

Roaddawg

Not bad at all ! Especially with the freebies along :)

As for me ... 4,900/- + 450/- = 5,350/- OTD. Rather OT(w)D = Out The (Warehouse) Door. lol .. since had to get it shipped here, this Cadmium-Yellow Baby isnt even born, ie still within the carton and crate :p

Now being cared at the shipping office, waiting for the 27th so as to reach my door in 3-4 weeks. . .. shall def. post the 'journey pics' once delvd. and assembled. Pity the dealer didnt fix it before sending it, but then, would have ended up paying for the freight 'cos of space occupied. I even told my dealer to discount the price for labour I will be doing ... lol.

All-in-all 7k, delvd. on my doorstep. Actually started browsing with a Harley XN883, but damn glad have concluded on this. .. waiting, waiting, waiting :cool:
Is that $7k US? That's a pretty damn good price to get it shipped to Nigeria. I paid $8400 OTD, but that was back in April 2009 right after they first came out....and with the high California tax and reg fees.

spider2k

Elite Member

PnB-2K9

Is that $7k US? That's a pretty damn good price to get it shipped to Nigeria. I paid $8400 OTD, but that was back in April 2009 right after they first came out....and with the high California tax and reg fees.

Thats delvd. to Nigeria. Am actually paying a bit higher 'cos the shipping co. refuses to reduce any bit. What helped me was a little bit of luck and efforts in finding a seller with a low MSRP :). Believe me, after changing focus from the Harley 883 to this FZ6R, in just within a week I found a variety of dealers offering from 7k to 5k. So eventhough I wanted a Yamaha-Blue, settled down (then ie, now am Happy :steve:) with the Cad.-Yellow as the price was within my budget after adding up the freight and clearing :thumbup:.

And no offences to those who posted between my 'this' and the 'previous' post above, but what I think is that if you paid higher inspite of buying 'after' me, I think its the scarcity (of a 2009 model) that would have made the dealer to incr. the price. I too got the message from the dealer to payup asap 'cos of the possibility of removal of rebates, etc. that can lead to a price increase. (...'cos I was delaying the pyt. till the time I agreed/argued with the shipping co.) .... as of now, my dealer doesnt have any 2009 left.

MyBabyFZ6R

I paid 5200 base and 6,081.00 OTD. It is a 2009 demo with 381 miles full new bike warranty. The cool thing was I could take it for a ride before I bought it.

Sparkxx1

the reabtes were increased last week from 200 off to 700 dollars.

3 dealers near me were asking 5999.00, i check around and found one dealer at 5149.00 all prices are plus tag and tax.

but it depends on the dealer one dealer went down to 5499. when i told him what i was paying.

some dealers have mutiple rebates so t depends on when they purchased the bike.

one dealer said his 3 rebates came out to 1250.00 if he ordred from warehouse it would be more.

but there should be aleast the new 700 rebate from last week.
Damn, I'm looking to buy in January. I need to get a good deal.

ROBisBEAST

paid 2000$ for mine... a friend hit a curb dented the front and rear Wheels... so i said hey ill buy it... bing bada boom... a 1000$ later i have an 09' Yamaha FZ6R with 791mi on it and one not so bad scratch on its side :/

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member