How much did you pay for your FZ6R?

elikhom

Do you guys think $7900 OTD is a good price for a 2011 FZ6R copper red? I was going to pull the trigger just an hour ago, but I'm still not sure.

I wish I could get a new 09 for around $5500 like some of you have but I cannot find anything close to that and I've been looking for 3 weeks now.

auniquesoul

for my 09 I paid $4800 OTD, 49xx miles, extended warranty til 2014!

24KMACH

Do you guys think $7900 OTD is a good price for a 2011 FZ6R copper red? I was going to pull the trigger just an hour ago, but I'm still not sure.

I wish I could get a new 09 for around $5500 like some of you have but I cannot find anything close to that and I've been looking for 3 weeks now.
Hay! I paid $7,400 OTD for my 09 last month. I'm happy.:rolleyes:

short_guy

Try looking on cycletrader.com I checked just a few minutes ago and saw a blue '09 listed in Houston for $5500. OTD may be higher, but it shouldn't be near 8k. I don't think the bikes have had any major changes from 09 to 11; certainly not enough to justify an extra $2500.

Rowdy

$5700 OTD Blue 09 leftover 0 miles, I thought it was worth about 5-5200 but couldn't walk away. I live in NH so no sales tax:) closest dealers were 55 min and 1h20m from my house, i walked away from the latter, he wouldn't go below 6k.

elikhom

Try looking on cycletrader.com I checked just a few minutes ago and saw a blue '09 listed in Houston for $5500. OTD may be higher, but it shouldn't be near 8k. I don't think the bikes have had any major changes from 09 to 11; certainly not enough to justify an extra $2500.
I know, unluckily it seems almost all of them are old listings, I have been to every single Yamaha dealer here in Houston and there's only 1 who has a Blue 09 and it's asking $7K, while I can get a 2011 for less than $8K, the second seems a better option.
If they would lower the 09 to $6K I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

pballer23

4995. There was a delership in Jefferson Wisconsin that was selling leftover 09's but they were still brand new. I think after all said and done it was 5400 ish with tax and all that.

dekaliber

I paid a paltry $5,500 for my FZ6R.
There's one borne every minute..
Man, I have no idea where you guys are getting <$6K prices. Best I'm getting from a few phone calls is around $6300. Not terrible but the dealership is like 2 hours away. What's with these $400+ prep fees that they want to charge on top of a $100+ doc fee?

The closer dealers are not budging below $6900 "because it'll be below their cost." Wtf!

The thing with FZ6Rs are that they won't be around when your looking for them but finally when you aren't thinking about one, the perfect one falls in your lap for cheap. Always search for people in the military, they always seem to be handing theirs out.

bubbadodge07

How much did you pay for your FZ6R

I recently purchased a new 2009 hold over with 0 miles for 5700 after taxes and all that good stuff.

Detrich

most dealers in Los Angeles have ample supply of 6R's... it's just not a very popular model, which also lowers its resale value. but, at least for new buyers they get their pick of the litter as far as colors go. every color is available.

most dealers in Los Angeles have ample supply of 6R's... it's just not a very popular model, which also lowers its resale value. but, at least for new buyers they get their pick of the litter as far as colors go. every color is available.
Best advice once again, be on the lookout for people in the military whom are being deployed, they tend to sell their bikes dirt cheap.

Patek86

I bought mine in June of 2010 as an 09 left over. Mine brand new OTD was $5500, I got $3800 for gs500 and paid the rest.

Detrich

that's a good deal Pate. :)

Raven_6R

Just pick up a 2009 fz6r with 2600 miles on it. Still show room condition. Paid $5300 out the door. Dealer wasn't moving that much on price. One, its begining of the riding season here in VT and two, after I took the test ride I must have been grinning from ear to ear cause he know I wanted it!!

dekaliber

Ended up scoring a brand new 2010 raven/gold for $6360 delivered ~100 miles to my door. 2 miles on it (from tech inspection).

Still gotta pay tax and registration since I bought from out of state, which will end up bumping the grand total to just under $7K.

Would have loved to jump on one of those crazy deals for $5K last month but I think I did well considering most dealers in the areas were trying to sell their 2009s for around the same. The bike is stunning in person and I couldn't be happier.