How long will you stay with your FZ6R?

6R Blackout

Just wondering how long people plan on staying with there FZ6R before an upgrade or change, or will you buy the 6R for as long as they keep making them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Casey (aka) Hunter77!

I've had mine for over three years now and I still love it. Sure, there's other bikes I'd like to have, but for now, I'm happy with her. Plus, my wife is back in school getting her teaching credentials and 2nd Masters, so once she's done and settled into her new career...daddy's going shopping!! :)

I've had mine for almost a year and I'll probably keep her for another 2-3. It's been a great bike for me and it was the perfect option for me to learn how to ride a sport bike on, but I definitely want something with a little more ass to it. Being 6'1" and in the 240's, a more powerful bike will help. Probably looking at an R6. I love how there is so many more aftermarket accessories available for those bikes

Sunset and evening star,
And one clear call for me!
And may there be no moaning of the bar,
When I put out to sea,

But such a tide as moving seems asleep,
Too full for sound and foam,
When that which drew from out the boundless deep
Turns again home.

Twilight and evening bell,
And after that the dark!
And may there be no sadness of farewell,
When I embark;

For tho' from out our bourne of Time and Place
The flood may bear me far,
I hope to see my Pilot face to face
When I have crost the bar.

I'm definitely keeping mine, i've had mine for two years, plus i'm almost done paying her off. If I chose to get another bike I wont trade her in.

Just wondering how long people plan on staying with there FZ6R before an upgrade or change, or will you buy the 6R for as long as they keep making them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Casey (aka) Hunter77!
I have had mine just over 2 years, but only 10,000 miles...
I will keep mine for likely 10 years unless I start putting more miles on her and reach 100k before then.

Trade UP

I live in the mountains of NC. Get lot's of curves everyday. Put 11,000 miles on my FZ6R the first year. Loved every minute of it! Started to outgrow it by end of the first year. Purchased a 2012 Triumph Street Triple-R a month ago and I think it will be a long time before I out grow this one.

The FZ6R is an excellent bike. "If you got it, ride it!"

No plans to upgrade... This little machine tears it up in the twisties and is comfy for commuting. I'm sold. Been with her for 2 years.

I plan to either get a ducati 848 evo or the street fighter S

Got mine for 6 months but sold it and have a Street Triple now. My reasons were most personal than any mechanical issue or something like that. I have nothing negative to say about the Yamaha.

Having said that, the fz6r is a fantastic bike but I've always loved naked bikes plus wanted something with more power on the lower rpms. The Street Triple delivers that plus handles very well, really light and nimble.

I do not like SuperBikes ;)

By the way ... why do you assume a "normal" upgrade would be an r6? ... power or speed is not everything. :)

I would love this bike so much more if it had just a little more power. If only it came with a 749-800 cc engine.. As some of you may have seen I am looking to sell mine. I have had my heart set on a VFR since high school and I feel it would be a good transition from our bike. If and when I do sell mine I will definitely miss it. I get so many compliments on it and I haven't heard an exhaust that I like better than the two bros. on my bike. We shall see what the future holds..

i'll probably get a trackday machine, but otherwise the 6R is damn tough to beat for the combination of fun and everyday commuting.

I plan to either get a ducati 848 evo or the street fighter S

I moved to the BMW s1000rr after half a riding season with the 6R and only 1,700 miles of experience. I went for pure insane performance with plenty of safeguards. The next one will be pure sex appeal (848 Evo Corse if they add ABS to it or some other Ducati with ABS/traction control) but the s1000rr will never leave my stable.

Just put tech spec tank grips on it this weekend (pictured) because my nuts hit my tonsils every time I hit a bump!:eek:

Attachments

• DSC_4443.jpg
    DSC_4443.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 48
Why I bought it, why I'm keeping it

There is no other bike that has the things that bought the FZ6R for. With minor changes, the bike is great for all around street riding, touring, and twisties. It was well below $10K and insurance rates were manageable. On paper, I really wanted the FZ1. But, I kept sitting on the FZ6R and it just felt more right.

In a perfect world, I'd like the on/off ABS; a slightly taller windshield; a more comfortable saddle that doesn't cost me the price of a cow; insurance rates that I consider reasonable. Until then, I'm keeping and maintaining my FZ6R.

I have no intention of replacing the 6R anytime soon. I might add to it at some point, but having too much fun on the 6R still to even decide on what else I'd add. Probably some naked streetfighter kind of beast.

Back