Gun Talk Thread

Chevyfazer

I might have to read the whole thing soon. I went to a Gun show over the weekend and I'm considering taking the concealed class and summit my application. I like to go to the range every now and then to practice shooting and at the same time for personal protection. As I get older the need to be prepare... just in case. Muay Thai serve me well for the few time I did needed it but never know...

So what's the best 1st gun out there... (might be the only one too)
What ever gun fits you best, before I made a purchase recently I shoot 5 different 9's. Glock 17, xdm, 92fs, cz75 and the baby eagle. I ended up going with the cz, the glock and the xd just didnt feel right, I could never get comfortable holding it, I couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the 92 or the Taurus, so it came down to the cz and baby eagle and the reliability of the cz won me over

JonKerr

Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Rookasaki

Be it Glock or Springfield... Both have been proven trust worthy and reliable in combat/law enforcement. Go with what feels natural and comfortable. Picking a caliber is a hole another story. 9MM, 40cal, 45ACP etc.... All will kill, shot placement is the key. I carry this off duty.

It's only a .380, a 9MM round with a shorter case/less powder. It's no .40 or .45 but it can kill. I'm 6'1 170, this gun is perfect for me to conceal. All I need for off duty ;)

JSP

Super Moderator
Be it Glock or Springfield... Both have been proven trust worthy and reliable in combat/law enforcement. Go with what feels natural and comfortable. Picking a caliber is a hole another story. 9MM, 40cal, 45ACP etc.... All will kill, shot placement is the key. I carry this off duty.

It's only a .380, a 9MM round with a shorter case/less powder. It's no .40 or .45 but it can kill. I'm 6'1 170, this gun is perfect for me to conceal. All I need for off duty ;)
Nice. I would also recommend something similar, the Keltec P3AT. Shot placement, shot placement, shot placement.

Cmltoe

Shot placement, shot placement, shot placement.
For when you're just too lazy for shot placement.... :D

M11 (Mac 11) Full auto with Eotech sight and Gemtech Viper Supressor, 15 metal mags with 30 round capacity (fires 30 rounds every 2 seconds)
M4 with Beta Mag (100 rounds) and Trijicon Reflex dot sight
AK 47 with banana mag (40 or 50 rounds)
Benelli M1 Super 90 Tactical Shotgun with Flash Supressor
Glock 27 (40 cal), FN 5.7 with laser/flashlight, S&W 357
Picture of a hollow tip slug/buckshot shell for shotgun

:eek:

Attachments

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Cmltoe

nice collection... some day I might be able to afford the license for a full auto... and the full auto :eek:...

I want a lot more rifles/pistols.. but I think it will be a few years before I get anything... mc first for now
Thank you sir! I got most of these when I also lived in Virginia. Then relocated to Connecticut and couldn't bring the machine gun or the assault weapons with me due to the laws here. I strongly suggest for any full auto, purchasing it in a corporation's name. That way you can name a board of directors and any of them can also posess it (after filing appropriate paperwork with the local police and ATF) because it's company property and they're company officers.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I just picked up my first 1911 this weekend and had a great time at the range. It's a Citadel 1911-A1 compact. I also picked up a Blackhawk holster and it fit perfectly. I'll be searching for an IWB holster eventually, once I upgrade the sights to night sights and/or add a CT laser grip. It shot pretty well. Not nearly the recoil I was anticipating having come from a .40 XDm. It will take some getting used to the trigger, as it's very light and crisp. Overall, very pleased with the purchase, especially the price.

Flipflash

Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Just sold my Ruger SP101. Once I get some stuff paid off here in the next year or two I will be getting an AR platform I think.

Flipflash

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
:spank::spank:

you should've sold it to me before you left... did you ever even get out and shoot it?

I'm in the same sit. moneywise.... so many wants... so little money...

next big ticket item for me is hard saddlebags... bang-bangs have to wait
Yeah, we shot it a few times. Did not know you were interested in it. I'll miss it haha, but I'll get something else down the road once I take care of all this other crap.

JonKerr

Elite Member