Finally Made Decision...GSXR 600

rskinz6r

Sat on the 2 bikes i had come down to and picked the gixxer. lol i guess I did want it but the $ tag got me looking at everything else but when it came down to it, it was the most comfortable out of them all.

Now the business part. Sheffield Financial is what Suzuki uses so Im gonna get pre approved before i go in so I don't get too disappointed if it doesn't go my way. Should have no problem with me and the wife since she has agreed to join me on it (even though she told me the 6R was the only one lol). So love her for that and she knew it my heart I wanted that one.

Now a 12 or 13? one dealer has a 12 and well they are the same, the paint color is a little changed on the white/blue and i do like the 12 better but i dont know if the 0% financing applies to the 12s or just the 13s.

Insurance: This is probably what will stop me in my tracks but does it require full coverage? I looked at geico last night and fell of my chair cuz it was $3K a year for full coverage with 500 deductable, the zx6r was only $1K. Ive never had full of the fz6r and was told when i bought it i didnt need it, yamaha didnt require it.

Only thing left to do is argue price....

Congrats. :) If u finance then typically they require full coverage, unfortunately...

Depending on ur age and how long u've had ur M1 license, ur rate will vary. Most nationwide carriers require 3 years before they offer good rates on super sports. So, shopping around will help. For reference, I'm in CA and use the Auto Club for insurance and pay around $550/ year per bike for full coverage with 100/300/250 liability comp & collision I think.

Gieco is way too expensive for a sport bike, they qouted me a ridiculous price for the FZ, went to State Farm and they were a fraction. Shop around, try Progressive maybe. Good luck with the new ride!

do not buy a new bike and go without full coverage. If insurance is to expensive simply dont buy the bike.

basic insurance doesnt cover if you down the bike, total it, ect....and all it takes is a scratch on the frame to total it in most states. If you dont have full coverage and you still owe money, guess what, you make payments on a bike you cant ride. Fzwhite aka rabbit was in that predicament if i remember correctly as well. Dont do it.

Sat on the 2 bikes i had come down to and picked the gixxer. lol i guess I did want it but the $ tag got me looking at everything else but when it came down to it, it was the most comfortable out of them all.

Now the business part. Sheffield Financial is what Suzuki uses so Im gonna get pre approved before i go in so I don't get too disappointed if it doesn't go my way. Should have no problem with me and the wife since she has agreed to join me on it (even though she told me the 6R was the only one lol). So love her for that and she knew it my heart I wanted that one.

Now a 12 or 13? one dealer has a 12 and well they are the same, the paint color is a little changed on the white/blue and i do like the 12 better but i dont know if the 0% financing applies to the 12s or just the 13s.

Insurance: This is probably what will stop me in my tracks but does it require full coverage? I looked at geico last night and fell of my chair cuz it was $3K a year for full coverage with 500 deductable, the zx6r was only $1K. Ive never had full of the fz6r and was told when i bought it i didnt need it, yamaha didnt require it.

Only thing left to do is argue price....

Please dont use geico for motorcycle insurance. They are the most expensive. You might want to look into Progressive

Do you have the MSF certificate? That should save a huge chunk of change. I checked all that before I rode into the dealership to get my ninja. Like CC said, not worth it any other way!!!

geico has actually been the cheapest so far, 101/mo full coverage for 12 months. Progressive and Allstate were $4k and 5K!!! I was like for what lol. Im with progressive now so prob saying bye bye to them if this deal goes through. : )

Anyone know if i can probably get this bike MSRP OTD? Thats what im shooting for and may not go through with it if not, I will not budge cuz 11,599 is already a lot for a motorcycle. I know dealer cost on that is 1696 and there is a $300 customer cash too so...

yes, full MSRP OTD is a reasonable expectation, that comes out to about a 1200 discount which will include your 300 customer cash.

2013 750 :) Amazing bike. Dad is trying to relive his younger days back when he had a 1992-3 750... Now my FZ feels like a bloated pig but I still enjoy her comfort... for now :)

Gsxr is the most comfortable super sport I have ridden ( 07 R6 and 12 s1000rr)

The 750 has great torque down low and super easy to ride around town. Lower back had to a adjust a bit but nothing crazy and the power is just awesome.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 38
2013 750 :) Amazing bike. Dad is trying to relive his younger days back when he had a 1992-3 750... Now my FZ feels like a bloated pig but I still enjoy her comfort... for now :)

Gsxr is the most comfortable super sport I have ridden ( 07 R6 and 12 s1000rr)

The 750 has great torque down low and super easy to ride around town. Lower back had to a adjust a bit but nothing crazy and the power is just awesome.

sweet bike, the fun part is removing the stoopid warning stickers without scratching the paint. I like that exhaust.

sweet bike, the fun part is removing the stoopid warning stickers without scratching the paint. I like that exhaust.

Yeah wasn't too bad just little bit of heat and WD-40 did the trick.

Yeah wasn't too bad just little bit of heat and WD-40 did the trick.

Why do they put those dum stickers on there, do they really think someone would keep em? Perhaps they could be helpful if you forget that riding a motorcycle is hazardous, then you can re-read the safety suggestions on the stickers to remind yourself, perhaps even while riding, that would be good. So dum.

Back