Finally Made Decision...GSXR 600

Update! Well I picked it up on Saturday! I was nervous as hell and it didnt help that a girl who just bought an FZ6R a few days ago got hit as she was leaving the dealership. I do hope she is ok and hope she gets back on, I would be shaken up to the point where i dunno if id wanna get back on.

Anyways here is a pic:

Attachments

• 20130609_083845.jpg
    20130609_083845.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 32
and to be honest...i miss the FZ6R a little right now. The riding position is what I miss, but im sure as soon I as ride this more, adjust it to me and break it in ill forget the 6r lol. Just a whole new machine that I need to get used to

For comfort you can always try putting the foot pegs in the lowest position... I did that on my dads new 750 and it made the bike much more comfortable for me. Knees were no longer as high on the tank. Basically just undo two bolts move the whole set down to the lowest spot add some blue locktite and retighten.

yeah im planning on it. I just need to get a torque wrench for the bolts. Been reading the owners manual to locate everything and etc. Wanna at least get the 100 miles in right away to break in those tires

yeah im planning on it. I just need to get a torque wrench for the bolts. Been reading the owners manual to locate everything and etc. Wanna at least get the 100 miles in right away to break in those tires

You can "rent" one from advance or autozone for free...

I was actually going to buy one this weekend but ended up just keeping my money instead..

Congrats! The riding position on the Gixxer is actually quite comfortable compared to other SS models. The only reason it seems harsh right now is because you're coming off the FZ6R. Before you start immediately trying to modify a SS into less of one, I'd suggest at least giving the stock setup a spin for a few hundred miles and try adjusting your riding stance to adjust. After a while it'll feel more natural once you learn the posture. :) that riding position is designed for a reason- ie smoother cornering and for speed.

Last edited:
Congrats!

Instead of modifying the Gixxer to fit you, you might think about making changes to yourself in order to take advantage of the capabilities the bike has to offer. As stated before, it isn't a 6r.

The following link will give you an idea of the importance of being fit & learning how to use your core to relieve pressure from your back, neck, & wrists.

Enjoy the new ride.

Fitness for Motorcyclists - Feature Review - Sport Rider

lol what u tryin to say im too fat! j/k thanks for all the advice and im gonna leave it the way it is for now and just get into the feel of the bike. the only mods im currently doing/have done is a tank pad, plasti dip the windscreen like i did with my 6R, and a FE kit. other than that this bike is perfect the way it is. Ive looked on the gsxr forums but boy are they way different then here. When someone asks a question there they flip out and talk shit and dont find those site very helpful either...

^ True that. I think it's b'cuz lotta those guys have been riding forever and just have a low tolerance to newbies, or they just have forgotten what it's like to be new or have nice ppl help guide them down the right path. But, they aren't all bad. Just there tends to be more ego freaks in the SS forum bunch is all. :(

^ True that. I think it's b'cuz lotta those guys have been riding forever and just have a low tolerance to newbies, or they just have forgotten what it's like to be new or have nice ppl help guide them down the right path. But, they aren't all bad. Just there tends to be more ego freaks in the SS forum bunch is all. :(

I was going to say because the unfortunate fact of the SS crowd is that there is a mix of riders and posers. The riders are cool but the posers are all about flexing nuts. Because of that they go in the attack whenever possible to make you feel worse/themselves feel better. It's less common in the sport touring crowd because that type of bike tends to attract a more mature personality. Most people I have encountered on this and the FZ1 forum seem more concerned with riding than looks. Weenies who want to impress chicks seem more attracted to 'Busas with chopped exhausts and CBR's with Repsol graphics than quiet, respectable 6R's.

yeah your prob right. lol im pretty sure ill get riders here wanting to race me soon enough but it aint worth risking my life. I ride just for the enjoyment of being on 2 wheels, except when its so damn hot like its been here in NM lol

yeah your prob right. lol im pretty sure ill get riders here wanting to race me soon enough but it aint worth risking my life. I ride just for the enjoyment of being on 2 wheels, except when its so damn hot like its been here in NM lol

I understand your spite for the heat.

I like to wait for those days that it rains and then chaise the storms around. If you ride beside them then it's a good 20 degrees cooler then away from them. That's what I did this last weekend and it paid off nicely. I was able to avoid 90 degree temps and stayed in nice comfy 70-75 degree temps. I like that a lot more.

Back