Finally Made Decision...GSXR 600

Lol well I ride with gear so a squid I wont be. Im fine with 6% as long as the price is right. Yamaha has 0% too but not for 60. Only 36 month's already looked into that and the r6 isnt that comfortable for street. Its basically a pure track bike and I don't think I would enjoy

It's not hate, just the truth. Not all people who ride Gixxers are squids, and not all squids ride Gixxers, but the venn diagram would have a large center overlap. :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Word.

Ive seen Squids on all types/sizes of bikes, but the GSXR seems to attract them like flies. The bike itself is fine. Not the best riding position for me personally, but I got nothing against Suzuki. My first bike was an 89 Savage, 650 single 4 speed.

Back on topic, I vote wait till you can put more $$ down and get a better deal next go round.

1. You cant get the price you want.
2. You cant get the interest rate you want
3. 250+ a month is basically a new car payment. 5.99+ is just uncool. If you have good credit there should really be no reason you cant get financed at a lower rate elsewhere. Tell the dealer to cram it. Walk away. If they really want to sell a bike they will call you in a few months with the price/interest you want.

Update: So got a call this morning and they the current price they got now is $224/mo. They said they gave me more $ on trade in and left the new bike alone. Basically they are trying to get the full profit for it. Told them i'd be in on Saturday, but that just really gave me 2 days to decide. Im thinking getting more off the new bike, make them take a hit on their profit. I was planning on having service done there in the future and buying everything I need there so I would have taken that into consideration cuz there is more profit there for them.

I do appreciate everyone's opinions and respect them all. It does all come down to me either way and trust me i am waying on the monthly payment. My wife even asked if i can afford it so she wants to make sure we are good.

I do still have the option for the 2011 50 miles away. Hes still at 11230 for it which I believe is about 300-500 away from what i'd take it at. Im looking about $209/mo for that one...

yeah, they are trying to get you for as much as they can. They are taking you for a sucker, just tell them that you refuse to do the deal unless all the numbers match up and if they don't you will not deal with them.

They either tell you to fly a kite or deal. I always tell them that I want the price at 500 lower than what I actually want it for and if they come closer than 500 up from the price I told them then that's a beautiful thing but I typically shop for bikes around octoberish /end of year because then they normally want to deal more.

lol they are probably a little bugged cuz i havent caved in yet. that price a month is almost before msrp on the new one so im close...

yes i would, but im trying to get the payment down also so that i have room to pay it off faster. Plus this is probably my last bike purchase either until im old or dont have the love for it anymore. This was the bike I wanted to buy as my first bike but i knew it wouldnt be the right move...

i looked at all my credit unions and they start at 5.99 for new and 7.49 for used so that really isnt an option except automatic payments from my paycheck...

totally undertand, i got down payment $ if need be but im not letting the dealers know about it. When u tell them that right away they are harder to get down the price. Learned that from car buying...

I didnt have time to go to the dealer today but now Suzuki has a new promotion giving you $400 off a new gsxr or a yoshimura slip on exhaust. Im curious if I could get the slip on for the '12 plus the dealer incentive they still have for a '12 which he told me was $600 off. he said it wont show that on the website but they are told that for leftover models....

Forget the exhaust & stuff. lol. Those just jack up the price even more. :)

Focus on what u should pay for a good deal for the bike itself. All the warranties, extra stuff are just ways to confuse u from seeing the exact price of the bike imo. Sales redirection tactics

cool gotcha. I wasn't planning on getting an extended warranty or service contract so not worried about that. If I do decide on a warranty later I found a Suzuki dealer online who offers the contracts for about 1/2 what dealers charge so thats an option. Ill be heading to the dealer tomorrow to finalize a deal and hopefully have it by this weekend : )

UPDATE: Well its official i got the gixxer for 0% after all. Suzuki opened up their criteria for qualifying so i got it. I was only 10 points away from it when I applied. Did most of the paperwork today, wife has to finish on the FZ6R since it was in her name. Ill have it on saturday and parted with the 6R today : ( It was a good bike and had no complaints but found my new bike for a long time... : )

lol yeah im sure but the wife says otherwise. A cruiser will probably be my next one when im too old to lean lol

Congrats! .

Congrats!

Pictures please when u have them.

:)

Back